Workforce Manager, Customer Support // Intercom
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity? 🤔
We are looking for a Workforce Manager to develop Intercom’s WFM discipline as part of the Customer Support Operations team. In this role, you will work closely with analysts, support managers, and the CS leadership team to forecast inbound volume, own global scheduling, and optimize our systems to ensure we’re always meeting customer demand. We need someone who has advanced knowledge of Workforce Management best practices in SaaS, and excellent SQL skills for querying with different BI/Visualization tools.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Oversee long and short-term workforce forecasting for our customer support team and take part in budget + hiring planning
- Leverage your knowledge in performance management, reporting, and forecasting to improve the productivity of the customer support te
- Manage our global sick time and PTO intake process, ensuring we are adequately assessing capacity and meeting customer demand
- Proactively leverage our reporting tools (e.g, Tableau) to research and identify optimization opportunities
- Consult with key organizations within Intercom to provide steering and insights for special projects that impact the support workforce
- Help inform our long-term forecast and make headcount recommendations to the senior leadership team
- Maintain our global intraday management dashboard and collaborate with managers to continuously improve our visualizations/reporting.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in marketing, sales, product, and operations to ensure CS is aware of all potential influences on inbound volume
What skills do I need? 📖
- 7+ years in Customer Support, retail, or any customer-facing role
- 5+ years in Workforce Management across multiple channels (text, phone, email, chat, etc.)
- 4+ years working with an enterprise WFM tool, especially with features like SLA modeling, schedule generation, and forecasting
- 2+ year experience with Tableau, including an excellent understanding of SQL
- Strong presentation skills + experience presenting proposals to senior leaders
- Proven experience working autonomously, balancing multiple simultaneous projects
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! 🙂
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews – we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps
- you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We’re committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.