Staff Product Designer, Platform // Intercom
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity? 🤔
We’re looking for a talented and experienced Staff Product Designer to help turn our mission from vision to reality. You’ll join a product team working with our thriving Dublin & London R&D offices, and will own design for your team throughout the product development lifecycle—from new disruptive ideas all the way to detailed interactions and polished visuals.
Intercom is one of the fastest-growing and most-admired startups for design in the world, and an empowering place for designers to work. Our Dublin & London offices are also driving some of our most strategically important initiatives, including industry defining tools for conversational support, as well as next-generation automation and messaging products, making this a truly unique opportunity to work with diverse teams.
If you’re passionate about the craft and process of building world-class products, working with great people, and solving real problems for engaged customers, you’ll fit right in. Learn more about what it’s like to work here and check out intercom.design or read what makes us different. By the way, imposter syndrome is a real thing, don’t let it stop you and please apply!
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Act as a leader within the Product Design team, collaborating with other designers to make their work and the whole team better.
- Work through design problems from beginning to end: translating research insights into ideas that form disruptive new products and features, then designing the workflows and detailed interactions to realize them.
- Build prototypes to understand the design thinking of the teams we partner with and build alignment on the solution among the wider team.
- Work closely with other product designers on the team to support them as they clarify the problem they are solving and define the best solution for that problem.
- Write about, present, and share what they have learned, both internally and with the wider community via our blog, books, and events
What skills do I need? 📖
- You have helped ship products – experience designing and leading digital products and systems, not just websites.
- Experience designing experiences that people can access on any type of device: desktop, tablet, phone
- Experience designing connected, modular systems.
- Experience solving complex systems design problems.
- Experience working in more technical areas of product development.
- An appreciation of the entire product development process, from problem solving through to detailed UI and visual design
- The ability to create beautiful high-fidelity mockups of your designs using Sketch, Figma, etc
- The ability to create prototypes using Framer, Keynote, HTML/CSS/JS, etc
- Excellent communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals
- Excellent self starter who can deeply collaborate with engineers to find design solutions through functional prototypes
We’re looking for a portfolio that clearly outlines the problems you were tackling with your design work. It should touch on the process you applied to tackling the challenges, rather than focusing just on visuals and landing pages. Your portfolio should be well structured and clear. Your experience should ideally focus on designing software products.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! 🙂
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews – we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We’re committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.