Social Media Communications Specialist // Klarna
November 4, 2021
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
We are looking for a community manager with a passion and flair for social media management to join Klarna’s Global Communications Media Response Team. You will have a deep understanding of social media, communities, and engagement strategy, and must have a pulse on current events, culture and how social media impacts a brand’s reputation.
You will be part of a global team responsible for Klarna’s overall global media management, handling global media and social media responses on a range of topics related to our business and role in society, correcting inaccuracies and ensuring Klarna’s definitive company position is understood by external audiences. You will also be part of the team defining company responses to key topics and updating messaging and data points that tell our company story for use externally.
You will play a key role in building Klarna’s global brand through effective community management across our social media channels, ensuring consumers understand how our products work and that the experiences they have with our brand are positive – moving quickly to solve issues if this isn’t the case.
You will work closely with the company management and cross-functionally across communications, marketing, commercial, product and customer services teams to collaborate on messaging, product news, and our services. You will be an excellent writer with an ability to turn complex propositions into simple communications relevant across media and social media so that Klarna’s global story, products and services are understood by all audiences. This role will provide a temperature check on the conversation about Klarna across social media and be the early warning signal if there is a defect in our customer promises, with responsibility to work with the business to fix issues quickly so our customers have a positive experience using our services.
- Daily social media monitoring to identify, escalate and flag issues internally to keep the community a trusted space for engagement and customer service.
- Craft meaningful messages and responses on a variety of topics and adapting them to be compelling and relevant across social media.
- Able to navigate various Klarna social platforms (primarily twitter) to monitor conversations and ensure understanding of Klarna products and services and detecting bubbling issues.
- Become a master of the “Klarna voice” on twitter by drafting responses to consumers to problem solve live incidents and topics of interest.
- Constantly gather feedback from the community and share it with relevant internal stakeholders.
- Stay current on new social media tools, best practices, competitive activity, and trends in customer engagement.
- You will help train/ educate the customer service team on live issues and find solutions to tackle consumer issues and build trust.
Who you are
- You have a min 2+ years community management or social media copywriting background working for a brand with a big social media presence or at an agency responsible for social media monitoring and community management for a range of clients.
- Prior experience monitoring and moderating real-time conversations on social media for a brand is a must.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – can effectively own brand voice in all communications.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making capability, including spotting issues early and knowing what will travel, knowing which issues impact reputation, when to escalate, how to prioritize, and crafting appropriate responses.
- Ability to see the bigger picture of creating a compelling company narrative and how external responses need to be aligned across all channels.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills, with the ability to spot trends on the fly and leverage insights to draw sound recommendations.
- Passionate about your job and enjoy a fast-paced working environment.
- You are customer obsessed, proactive by nature, relish problem-solving, want the ability to think creatively and love the satisfaction of brilliant execution.
- Seeking to develop further existing skills and progress your career inhouse.
- Proactive and hands-on by nature and able to come up with new thinking that adds value and innovation to the work we do.
- You are an independent player who can be strategic and forward-looking while at the same time taking personal ownership for everyday delivery.
- Well-organised and detail-oriented.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and fluid environment, with ability to adapt.
Please send over your CV in English.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.
Visit the company websiteKlarna