SEO Specialist // Intercom
Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital. We live by our six company values everyday: Success First, Customer Obsessed, Incredibly High Standards, Open Mindedness, Resilience, Impatience, and Positive & Optimistic. They are stitched into the way we work, interact with others, and hold ourselves accountable. We’re eager to hire individuals who are passionate about our mission, deeply aligned with our values, and are excited to help shape the future of customer service.
What’s the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom is leading the creation of a next generation solution for the Customer Service category. This huge category has been relatively dormant for the last decade, but is now undergoing transformational change due to advancements in Messaging, Automation, and AI.
Our product has been leading this transformation, and is now maturing to a point where we believe we can win the category, by continuing to innovate and mature the product, but also take our story to market in a way that inspires and educates businesses about a new and better way to support customers and create great customer experiences.
Our website forms a critical part of this strategy. It is the primary way people learn about Intercom, whether through exploration and return visits, going on to sign up by themselves, or getting in touch with our sales team to help. Our website is the public source of truth for our product, and what it can do to help solve our customer’s problems. It is a cornerstone of our brand, and what we believe about the world. In an increasingly product led world, our website is becoming more and more important.
We are currently fundamentally rethinking, redesigning and rebuilding our website, and our goal is to lead the market, shipping new creative, innovative ways to tell our story and inspire visitors to try Intercom. We need a new SEO Manager to help us do this.
What will I be doing? 🚀
The SEO Specialist will be responsible for developing and implementing our SEO strategy, and identifying opportunities to grow our organic visits. You will be embedded in a cross functional team including engineers, product managers, designers, product marketers, and will be the organic growth expert in the team.
- Define and implement on-page SEO best practice, ensuring website content is optimised for user experience and search engine visibility
- Define technical SEO best practice, and identify areas for improvements including site speed and mobile responsiveness. Work with the engineering team to roll out enhancements
- Track, analyse, and report on data to measure SEO effectiveness
- Conduct keyword research to identify opportunities to optimise existing content
- Stay up-to-date with the latest search engine algorithm changes and SEO industry trends
- Work closely with the cross-functional team of developers, product managers, product marketers, and designers to ensure the successful implementation of SEO strategies
What skills do I need? 📖
- Several years SEO experience, with a proven track record of success in improving organic search performance
- Strong analytical skills and experience with SEO tools such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMRush
- You are a structured, logical thinker and communicator. You can clearly communicate your thinking to bring wide shared understanding.
- You are a team player, collaborating to drive the right outcome for the team overall
- You’re organised, not ad hoc. You are able to work independently, prioritise tasks, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! 🙂
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews – we reward great work
- Pension scheme & match up to 4%
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- MacBooks are our standard, but we also offer Windows for certain roles when needed.
Intercom has a hybrid working policy. We believe that working in person helps us stay connected, collaborate easier and create a great culture while still providing flexibility to work from home. We expect employees to be in the office at least two days per week.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Is this role not quite what you’re looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.