Senior Product Designer // Intercom
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity? 🤔
You will do meaningful product design work at a highly admired product-driven company that’s driving real change in the industry.
Each product designer at Intercom works in a team with a product manager, up to 6 engineers, and some also work directly with research and analytics. Together they own a part of Intercom, ship solutions to challenging problems and get feedback directly from customers.
We’ve had designers in key leadership roles, including at the exec level, from the very beginning. This has made design a core foundation of our company’s DNA. This means that you’ll never have to justify the importance of design.
We genuinely care about people and value kindness in our everyday interactions. You’ll be able to be yourself, feel valued, supported, learn and grow no matter how experienced you are.
If you want to learn more about what it’s like to work here, check out intercom.design, read what makes us different, and watch a keynote from our CEO talking about our mission, vision and the next chapter of Intercom.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Act as a leader within the Product Design team, collaborating with other designers to make their work and the whole team better
- Work through design problems from beginning to end: translating research insights into ideas that form disruptive new products and features, then designing the workflows and detailed interactions to realize them
- Sketch and prototype ideas to quickly access viability, and design the fine grained details of interactions
- Iterate based on feedback from the whole team
- Work closely with engineers as they build and ship ideas
- Own the success or failure of their design work and initiate design and engineering sprints to improve shipped work
- Write about, present, and share what they have learned, both internally and with the wider community via our blog, books, and events
What skills do I need? 📖
- Experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites. You have helped ship products
- Experience designing experiences that people can access on any type of device: desktop, tablet, phone
- An appreciation of the entire product development process, from problem solving through to detailed UI and visual design
- The ability to create beautiful high-fidelity mockups of your designs using Sketch, Figma, etc
- The ability to create prototypes using Framer, Keynote, HTML/CSS/JS, etc
- Excellent communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals
- Excellent self starter who can deeply collaborate with engineers
We’re looking for a portfolio that clearly outlines the problems you were tackling with your design work. It should touch on the process you applied to tackling the challenges, rather than focusing just on visuals and landing pages. Your portfolio should be well structured and clear. Your experience should ideally focus on designing software products.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! 🙂
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews – we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We’re committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.