Senior Manager, Global Workplace Experience // Intercom
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity? 🤔
We’re looking for an exceptional Senior Manager of Global Workplace Experience to join our Workplace Experience team. The ideal candidate is an energized, motivated self-starter and leader who lives and breathes exceptional in real life (IRL), hybrid and virtual workplace experiences that build great culture, retains talent and helps our Intercomrades succeed!
The Senior Manager of Global Workplace Experience will lead our Workplace Experience (WE) team globally, impacting the experiences of over 1,000 Intercomrades, reporting to the Director of Workplace and Real Estate. The Workplace Experience (WE) team obsesses about our Intercomrades’ success and as such, the Senior Manager will be expected to focus on Intercomrades’ end-to-end workplace experience, leading their team to achieve their goals, building on a cross functional strategy for a hybrid work environment while maintaining the everyday foundations of an amazing workplace. This person will collaborate with the greater Workplace Experience and People Org teams in the US, EMEA and APAC to align the team’s goals with the business’s objectives.
The success of this individual lies in the ability to ‘get the big picture’, collaborate with others, focus on exceptional employee experiences, nurture, mentor and develop your team and proactively work towards meaningful solutions.
This role is critical in driving culture. The right person will lead the team that crafts and elevates programs and services that enable the best of Intercomrades every single day and lead the team that makes it happen globally. We are looking for someone with a passion for developing and maintaining extraordinary workspaces, places and experiences (in person, hybrid and remote) that enable employees to do their best work here at Intercom.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Lead and manage a global team of world class Workplace Experience professionals who oversee the day-to-day experiences of all our offices, including the vision of our Workplace programs that help build on our culture and bring our spaces to life
- Own the vision, delivery and management of the Workplace Experience program globally including:
- Communications (strategic and tactical; to large and small audiences)
- Workplace standards
- Events: global, regional, local, hybrid, etc
- Remote/Hybrid experience
- Partner with our Facilities and Operations Manager to evaluate and envision workplace programs and technology by setting and collaborating on program goals and measuring and demonstrating impact
- Evaluate data and analytics from multiple sources; synthesize information and recommend actions, changes, etc to our spaces, programs, policies. etc. Build a case for doing so, and run with making them a reality.
- Evaluate and respond to business growth and changes; assess workplace capabilities and availability; work cross functionally to make mid/long term plans for each location in partnership with other WE team leaders
What skills do I need? 📖
- 8+ years of relevant experience in workplace management, employee experience, events and related fields (global experience a major plus!)
- Proven leadership ability to develop teams, navigate challenges and lead strategic initiatives
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact positively and effectively with all employees
- Experience working with software engineering and product management teams as your “customers”
- Experience with vendor management, specifically corporate real estate vendors in managing towards KPIs, SLAs and SOWs.
- Proven financial management skills with operational budgeting experience and an understanding of how corporate finance works.
- Awareness and familiarity with workplace analytics or digital employee experience management tools
- Partnership with Facilities and Security and Design and Construction team members
- Excellent presentation and communication skills: visual, spoken and written
- Solid executive presence and experience in working and communicating with senior executives
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! 🙂
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- Regular compensation reviews to ensure we’re properly rewarding great work
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents, including life assurance
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks leave for non-birth parents
- A MacBook, but we’re happy to get whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We’re committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom!