Senior International Tax Manager // Klarna
March 31, 2022
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace a hypergrowth atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favorite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. Analytics is no exception! We are currently looking to grow our Analytics teams to satisfy the company’s ever-increasing need for complex problem solving and data-driven decision making.
Who you are
We are looking for ambitious people with significant drive! We need problem solvers, initiative takers, people that see opportunities and potential to improve. You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast-paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level – thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to deliver and grow as an individual. At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent in doing so.
What you will do
- Be a senior member of Klarna’s growing and dynamic central tax function, ideally based in London or Stockholm, but other locations will be considered
- You will be responsible for delivering international corporate tax advice across the Klarna group, on a wide range of issues (as examples, to include post-acquisition integrations; considering new initiatives/products being rolled out across multiple locations; or structuring joint ventures to marry commercial objectives with tax requirements)
- Transfer pricing: be the guardian of the group’s TP model, from reviewing the regular calculations which lead to the raising of TP invoices through to reviewing and updating the group’s methodology to keep pace with the business, and advising on emerging risks and opportunities
- Supporting finance colleagues (who often lead on local tax compliance and interaction with tax authorities) to resolve tax authority audits or statutory auditor reviews, particularly where they concern transfer pricing or international tax issues
- Be a key contributor to setting Klarna’s tax strategy and scaling the tax function
- Surveying changes to global tax rules and, working with advisers and the local finance teams, where appropriate, ensure the organization understands the impact and responds appropriately, for example BEPS 2.0
- Reviewing the constituent parts of Klarna’s global effective tax rate to understand where inefficiencies arise and what action could be taken to mitigate those
- Play a critical part in the decision-making process on anything from our many M&A deals or restructurings, through to new product assessment and approval
- Maintain policies and procedures (with associated controls) governing transfer pricing, and oversee their implementation
- Identify, evaluate and resolve material international tax risks on a timely basis
- Manage the relationship with external tax service providers
- Prepare and present reports to executive management on tax matters
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience working with international tax and transfer pricing issues, ideally with exposure to technology or other IP-focussed businesses
- Exposure to the Financial Services industry is advantageous
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in verbal and written English
- Strong at working with multiple stakeholders and prioritising numerous concurrent projects
- Can demonstrate end to end ownership of complex projects with many stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and a strong bias toward action
- An ambitious, proactive team player who feels accountable for the full team delivery and contributes to a great team spirit
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile environment
- Advanced degree in Tax or Accounting preferred; Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Law required
How to apply: Send over a CV in English.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
The Klarna Work Policy is designed to make sure we foster team collaboration while also ensuring a productive and flexible work environment. We work 2 days per week in the office on agreed days, and then 3 flexible days. We’re also providing each Klarnaut with an annual financial contribution to improve their flexible work life whether they use it to upgrade their work accessories, or their home office space!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 90 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by helping them save time and money while better managing their cashflow and making informed decisions. Over 250,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna’s innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. With over 5,000 employees, Klarna is active in 20 markets and is one of the most highly-valued private fintechs globally, with a valuation of $45.6 billion. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
Visit the company websiteKlarna