Senior Information Security Manager // Klarna
January 13, 2022
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 5000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
Engineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative Agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimise for quality, flow, fast feedback, focussing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
What you’ll get to do
- Responsible for managing Information Security and IT compliance in the UK and deriving adequate security policies and controls from relevant regulatory requirements.
- Maintaining parts of the IT compliance framework and other ISMS documentation, measuring the effectiveness of controls, and assessing the implementation in the business.
- Managing external audits by regulatory bodies and other auditors.
- Supporting 1st Line of Defence with IT compliance assessments and IT risk analysis, consulting on cyber security and IT compliance especially during the development of new products and during due diligence of partners.
- Our InfoSec team finds new ways to drive awareness. Placing ourselves in our colleagues’ shoes and mindset, we aim to understand how we can best support them and make Klarna even more successful. That’s why we have a communication specialist amongst us and utilize many freelance artists to find the best security for the specific problem space and make our messages stick.
To succeed in this role, we think you should have
- Written and spoken English skills. You can read and understand regulatory requirements and contracts without issues, and you can lead meetings in an efficient way.
- 5+ years of experience as an Information Security Professional with a technical background, managing an ISMS or parts of it.
- Extensive knowledge of financial service and governmental laws in this region and the specific expectations of those auditors.
- Created ISMS documents with a firm understanding of their impact on the organization, especially developers.
- A deep understanding of how information security assurance works in practice, and now you want to optimize and simplify its application.
- Experience with industry standards for information security and you understand its underlying principles and reasoning.
Our way of working
- In your heart, you know there is a better way of doing things. Challenge the old dogmas of slow and tedious information security work with miles of documentation and do away with the tick-the-box philosophy of security.
- You are also grounded and understand that security has to be explained, and that others need assurance that information is secure in the same way that we require assurance from our partners and service providers.
- You love to try a new approach, think big, but you can also focus on details. Starting out small, and quickly try out your idea because you really want to see the results now, not in years.
- You enjoy working with and in teams, and work together to achieve a common goal.
- You are experienced enough to own and drive projects independently. You can interact with different competences and internal and external stakeholders in a professional way.
We also believe in contributing back to the open-source community. You can find some of our work here https://github.com/klarna.
What we can offer you
- Culture – You’ll have an opportunity to work with talented people from all over the world
- Learning – We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
- Compensation – You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, and insurance plans, plus we offer all of our employees an opportunity to invest in a RSU program and own a stake of the company. You’ll also receive 25 days annual leave and since we recognise that life is about more than work, we also offer benefits for gym memberships and discounted lunch. We also support our working parents, so you don’t have to choose between work and family.
How to apply: please send us your CV or Linkedin profile in English
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.
Visit the company websiteKlarna