Senior Group Financial Controller: Consolidation expert // Klarna
October 7, 2021
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
We are looking for a Senior Group Financial Controller with consolidation expertise as part of our Group Consolidation & Reporting team. The team consists of nine people and is responsible for the group consolidated accounts, external reporting and accounting related questions for Klarna group.
In this role you will drive monthly consolidation, reporting and analysis together with the team. You will also produce external reports such as the annual and interim reports, and be a link to the regulatory reporting team which reports to the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority. You will be responsible for driving medium-sized projects in an independent way. The work environment is dynamic and ad hoc tasks arise every now and then.
As a consolidation expert you will have a focus on group consolidation and taking ownership for closing the books for Klarna Group. However, as a team we help each other out and you will also likely find yourself assisting with complex accounting queries as well as also being hands-on in book close and work with annual and interim reports.
We are looking for a highly driven person with a combination of analytical skills and a great team spirit. If you also enjoy a dynamic international environment and are known for your accounting and consolidation knowledge this might be the right opportunity for you!
As (Senior) Group Financial Controller you will:
- Be responsible for and drive the creation of consolidated accounts for the group according to IFRS and Swedish reporting requirements (monthly, quarterly, and annually)
- Be a key player in producing annual and interim reports
- Pro-actively and effectively communicate with various stakeholders, discussing and supporting subsidiaries and other parts of the organization with accounting, reporting and system related questions
- Maintain and evaluate internal controls and performance measurement metrics
- Contribute to the external and internal audit process of the group
- Take part in ad hoc projects and have the opportunity to put forward and drive projects on your own
- Develop as a professional in an entrepreneurial organisation and work with highly skilled colleagues
Who you are:
- Hold a degree from a university in a numerate subject (e.g. Economics or Business Administration) or comparable professional education as a financial accountant
- Have prior consolidation experience, both in preparing, being a key contributor of, or reviewing consolidated financial statements.
- Over 3 + yrs in medium to large sized organizations. Have extensive IFRS reporting experience. Swedish reporting and additional GAAPs are a plus, as well as experience from the banking industry, large Finance organizations or Fintech
- Experience with complex business structures and hands-on experience with sophisticated transaction mapping and design from an accounting perspective is a distinct advantage.
- M&A experience is an advantage.
- Are naturally curious and are interested in understanding the flow of data.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.
Visit the company websiteKlarna