Senior Go Software Engineer // Vidsy
December 28, 2023
Vidsy is a multi-award-winning start-up with hubs in London (HQ), NYC, and LA to name a few, we’re building the go-to platform and ecosystem for Creators and brands to work and win together! Our creative platform helps the world’s best brands create effective video ads, while also providing the opportunities and tools for Creators to hone their skills, earn fair pay, and work on incredible projects. We’re building a different way to create; democratising creativity and empowering brands and Creators to build value together.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us to build and scale the services that power our innovative products. We use cutting edge technologies such as GoLang, React, Redux and microservices to power our platform and products.
This is a chance to have a real impact, where your contributions make a difference and you will have input into the way code, culture and product are built at Vidsy.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Being involved in the end-to-end lifecycle of features, from concept to deployment to metrics.
- Spearheading technical discussions and architecture.
- Working in an autonomous, multi-functional team of developers, analysts, designers and product owners.
- Playing a senior level within our Engineering Team – including mentoring and managing other Engineers within your squad.
- Supporting with the hiring of additional Engineers into your squad – from reviewing ‘homework’ tasks and challenges, through to interviewing potential additions.
- 6+ years experience in software engineering (GoLang, Ruby, Python, PHP and/or C) or equivalent.
- An active interest in Go, and some commercial experience and/or example personal projects utilising Go.
- A good understanding of design patterns and software engineering principles.
- Pragmatic approach to writing unit and integration tests.
- An extensive understanding of large micro-service oriented architectures.
- Prior experience mentoring Junior Engineers.
Compensation & Package
💰Competitive base salary
💸 Bonus of up to 10% annually
📈 Share Options
🩺 Private Healthcare
📥 Life Assurance
💻 Flexible working through our ‘virtual-first’ hybrid approach
🏝 25 days vacation plus Bank Holidays
😇 Annual Volunteer Day
♥️ Vidsy’s growing well being offering & EAP
🍼 Enhanced parental leave policies
🌍 Your carbon footprint offset via our Ecologi partnership
Vidsy’s ‘Virtual-First‘ Hybrid Approach
We operate a hybrid way of working we call ‘virtual-first’. That means, across all our locations (London, NYC and LA), our teams work primarily remotely, with occasional in-office sessions for collaboration, client meetings, socials, and more. The nature of your role will dictate how often you attend (e.g. our Commercial Team visit the office weekly whereas our Engineering Team are typically in the office monthly), however, we’re flexible, and the balance of in-office versus remote can be discussed and confirmed during the interview process.
Diversity at Vidsy
Vidsy is working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make a better workplace, and ultimately better products. Vidsy doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.
Visit the company websiteVidsy