Senior Data Analyst, Support Operations // Intercom
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity? 🤔
As a Senior Analyst on the Customer Support Operations team, you will work closely with other analysts and senior leadership to level up our reporting activities across Customer Support. An expert in Tableau and SQL, your contributions will enable members of the team to access critical information and pace against our most important metrics, easily. You’ll also partner with your manager and other data teams to continuously sharpen your skills and grow as an analyst.
We’re looking for a proactive, independent thinker with deep analytical skills, coupled with the ability to work in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves, dig into massive sets of information, and create solutions to problems that have never been tackled before.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Design and deliver a robust suite of reports that tell stories about the performance of the support organization on a daily, weekly, and quarterly basis.
- Leverage expertise in Tableau to build robust, easy to understand visualizations that share key information in a tabular format.
- Use SQL skills to level up and maintain our data sources, ensuring they are serving their intended purpose without creating an unnecessary strain on Intercom’s underlying data infrastructure.
- Work with peers and other data teams to level up best practices (e.g, pressure-testing queries).
- Support quarter-end reporting and associated reporting milestones (e.g, QBRs)
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with stakeholders in Support, Finance, Marketing, and other teams across the company
What skills do I need? 📖
- At least 5 years of experience in Analytics, Sales or Support Operations, or relevant Strategy/BizOps experience in a technology company
- Strong data modeling & analytical skills, and appreciation for solving complex, unstructured problems
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy, particularly within a global setting
- Strong communication skills, including experience effectively communicating with senior management
- Strong proficiency with SQL and Tableau; experience with Tableau is critical for success in-role
- Familiarity with tools like Google Sheets and Salesforce is a plus
- Willing to work in a highly demanding and results-oriented team environment
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Direct experience with Intercom and/or SaaS companies preferred
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! 🙂
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews – we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We’re committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.