Senior Creative Writer // Intercom
Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital.
What’s the opportunity? 🤔
We’re looking for a kick-ass senior copywriter to join our Web team in London (and report to the Intercom Creative Studio in SF). Our team is growing fast, we’re about to launch a new brand, and we’re gearing up to do some of the best work of our careers.
We need you to be: a unicorn senior copywriter with the ability to write ultra-creative, boundary-pushing headlines—but also be able to take in complex technical information and spit out clear, concise copy our moms’ would understand.
You’ll also need to be highly self-motivated and organized, comfortable with ambiguity, ready to roll with the punches of a high-growth startup, and driven to produce award-winning work (but without…you know…an ego about it).
Oh, and an eagle-eyed editor who can spot things like that double space three lines up. So basically everything. We need you to be everything. Rainbow horn a plus.
(P.S. our new voice and tone will be a huge departure from the way we currently talk—in the best way possible. We will not sound like any other B2B SaaS company you know.)
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Writing clear, concise, bold, and at times boundary-pushing web copy
- Playing a big part in rolling out our new brand voice, tone, and style
- Leading copywriting for web
- Bringing storytelling and strategic thinking to each project
- Balancing copywriting excellence with a need for speed and a focus on success metrics
- Editing and proofreading your own work (and, at times, the work of others)
- Partnering with designers, producers, marketers, product experts, company leaders, and external agencies to drive projects forward in a highly iterative and agile environment
- Presenting concepts and work as needed
- Owning projects from concept to final execution
What skills do I need? 📖
- 6-8 years of copywriting experience (ideally working with tech companies)
- A portfolio that shows both wildly creative thinking and an ability to make complex info easily digestible
- A strategic brain
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- A talent for working independently and staying organized
- The ability to effectively present and justify ideas to stakeholders
- The ability to confidently navigate ambiguous projects
- A roll-up-your-sleeves, positive attitude
- A working knowledge of SEO best practices would be great
We are a well-treated bunch with great benefits. If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us!
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing startup
- Lunch every weekday, plus lotsa snacks and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews—we reward great work
- Pension scheme and match up to 4%
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents, plus life insurance
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Intercom is currently able to hire if an employee has a permanent residence in the following locations; Australia, Ireland, England and applicable US states. (California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington).
Is this role not quite what you’re looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.