Senior Business Systems Analyst // Intercom
Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital.
What’s the opportunity? 🤔
The Go To Market Systems organization is responsible for the selection, architecture, governance and administration of all 3rd Party SaaS applications and data sets that power our Go To Market teams (Sales, Marketing, Finance, Legal, Growth and Customer Support).
We’re looking to hire an experienced Senior Business Systems Analyst to join our GTM Business Systems team. In this role, you will be responsible for clarifying/eliciting and analyzing complex business requirements, processes and systems within Salesforce, as well as, documenting and communicating out your sound recommendations for improvements. By nature, you’re a problem solver and excited to troubleshoot issues that impair our sales/support processes. You should have the ability to uncover deficiencies in our systems, escalate them properly, and devise long-term solutions.
We have a modern GTM Business Systems tech stack that includes: Marketo, Outreach, Intercom, Salesforce, Salesforce CPQ, Zorua, and Stripe
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Analyze complex business processes and systems within Salesforce and identify areas for improvement
- Independently review requests through effectively clarifying/eliciting requirements and troubleshoot issues to understand technical deficiencies of the product, define root causes, and implement proactive resolution design
- Proactively liaise between Sales, Sales Operations, Salesforce Admins/Engineers, QA Lead, Biz Systems PMO and Finance members to identify deficiencies, deliver innovative solutions and facilitate UAT
- Create well thought-out user stories based on agreed upon requirements and provide high quality acceptance criteria.
- Develop a deep knowledge of various platforms to help document and improve Intercom’s process
- Through a strong understanding of business requirements, prioritize and drive business systems projects to completion working with stakeholders in various departments
- Communicate project status, issues, and risks to stakeholders
- Develop and maintain documentation related to Salesforce systems and processes
- Participate in the development and implementation of Salesforce best practices, policies, and procedures
- Stay up-to-date with the latest Salesforce releases and features, and evaluate their potential impact on the organization
What skills do I need? 📖
- Ownership: shows strong ownership by leading and managing projects, making strategic decisions, and guiding the team toward achieving project goals.
- Soft Skills: excels in interpersonal and leadership skills, building rapport with stakeholders, guiding and mentoring others, and navigating complex team dynamics with confidence.
- Autonomy: demonstrates a high level of autonomy, handling complex initiatives and projects with minimal oversight, and often providing mentorship and guidance to junior team members.
- Business Process Understanding: excels in analyzing complex business processes, identifying inefficiencies, and proposing advanced process improvements, often leading process redesign projects.
- Technical Acumen: possessing a deep understanding of technology, system architectures, and data flows, often guiding technical teams in complex implementations.
Requirement Elicitation and Documentation: excels in advanced requirement elicitation and documentation, leading the process for complex projects, and providing guidance to others on best practices in requirement gathering and management.
- At least 5 years of experience in Salesforce Business Systems Analysis
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Salesforce certifications such as Certified Salesforce Business Analyst, Certified Salesforce Administrator, Certified Salesforce Sales Cloud Consultant and/or Certified Salesforce CPQ Specialist are a plus
- Experience with 3rd party integration tools such as Marketo, Outreach, DocuSign, Zoura, Stripe, Conga Composer, Intercom and other sales tools / tech stack
- Fascinated by the way things work and love to learn
- Want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! 🙂
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews – we reward great work
- Pension scheme & match up to 4%
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Intercom is currently able to hire if an employee has a permanent residence in the following locations; Australia, Ireland, England and applicable US states. (California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington).
Is this role not quite what you’re looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.