Senior Business Development Manager // Klarna
April 28, 2022
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace a hypergrowth atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy and we want you to help us reach this goal! We want to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. We are currently looking to grow our Commercial team in London to help achieve our mission to challenge the traditional e-commerce industry and become the world’s smooothest shopping partner for merchants and customers alike!
What you will do
As the Accountable Lead of one of our Partner Success Teams you will work in a dynamic environment to accelerate our business and evolve the go-to market strategy by engaging with our partners, developing our existing accounts or breaking new ground and gaining more market shares and new business opportunities. It will be your role to coordinate a cross-functional team of Business Developers, Marketeers, Analysts and Delivery experts to ensure we deliver the best customer experience possible and drive commercial revenue.
Your Tasks Will Include:
- Building and executing joint agreed business plans with partners or merchants to drive mutual growth and success.
- Working closely with internal analysts, delivery and marketing teams at Klarna to drive enablement and lead generation activities.
- Identifying new partnerships or business opportunities, pitch Klarna’s services and close deals.
- Building great relationships both on an executive, as well as on an individual level.
- Playing an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.
- Managing key internal and external stakeholder relationships including c-suite.
- Ownership of the P&L and GTM strategies.
- An ambitious person with significant drive to build up new business.
- An entrepreneurial individual with a “can-do” mindset.
- Courageous – Willing to speak up, make decisions, and take calculated risks.
- A Detailed Thinker – Passionate and open-minded while meticulous about data and details.
- Results-oriented – Able to see beyond their own problem space and dependencies to find solutions.
- A challenger – Never misses an opportunity to disrupt the industry and embraces change.
- Customer obsessed – Our customers are at the heart of everything we do; their success is our key mission.
You Should Have:
- Management experience.
- A true understanding of GTM eCommerce strategies and the expertise in executing and delivering on them.
- Confidence in managing enterprise portfolios.
- 5+ years of relevant sales, partner or business development experience within eCommerce or digital marketing & retail, alternatively Payments.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or other related fields.
- Great presentation and communications skills.
Your personality, motivation and competitive spirit is what matters most. If you have a winner-mentality, a desire to learn new things to drive great customer, and partner experiences, we would like to talk to you.
How to apply
Send over a CV in English.
We have a few different roles in mind and are always looking for the best fit, so do not hesitate to apply. We are looking forward to talking to you.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
The Klarna Work Policy is designed to make sure we foster team collaboration while also ensuring a productive and flexible work environment. We work 2 days per week in the office on agreed days, and then 3 flexible days. We’re also providing each Klarnaut with an annual financial contribution to improve their flexible work life whether they use it to upgrade their work accessories, or their home office space!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 90 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by helping them save time and money while better managing their cashflow and making informed decisions. Over 250,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna’s innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. With over 5,000 employees, Klarna is active in 20 markets and is one of the most highly-valued private fintechs globally, with a valuation of $45.6 billion. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
Visit the company websiteKlarna