People Operations Generalist (12 month FTC) // Intercom
Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital. We live by our six company values everyday: Success First, Customer Obsessed, Incredibly High Standards, Open Mindedness, Resilience, Impatience, and Positive & Optimistic. They are stitched into the way we work, interact with others, and hold ourselves accountable. We’re eager to hire individuals who are passionate about our mission, deeply aligned with our values, and are excited to help shape the future of customer service.
What’s the opportunity? 🤔
The People Operations Generalist is a key member of the People Operations team responsible for maintaining and improving various programs with a focus on global mobility, compliance and other special projects. You will work in close coordination with internal partners and external vendors. We’re looking for an experienced generalist, comfortable working in ambiguous situations and providing outstanding customer experience.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Be an operationally focused and commercially minded Generalist, collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure the seamless execution of People Programs
- Drive People Operations projects and oversee People Operations programs with a focus on global mobility
- Manage relationships with external relocation and immigration vendors and relocating employees to ensure continuous high level of service and a positive employee experience
- Partner with the People Ops team to evaluate and improve processes and programs and ensuring a positive employee experience
- Monitor changes in laws and regulations, and implement necessary adjustments to policies and procedures, keeping stakeholders informed of relevant changes
- Prepare and maintain documentation for audits and compliance reporting
- Develop and produce reports as required leveraging Workday and G-Suite
- Other special projects as needed
What skills do I need? 📖
- Minimum of 4+ years experience in a Human Resources/People/Legal function, preferably in a tech environment
- Demonstrable experience supporting People (HR) programs, policies and processes
- The ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities and adapt to a fluid, high-growth environment
- Team player with a sense of ownership and “get things done” attitude – self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced and self-directed environment
- Comfortable dealing with data and providing high level analysis
- Nice to have:
- An understanding of immigration, taxation, and employment laws across the jurisdictions Intercom operates
- Knowledge of HR compliance regulations, employment laws, and industry best practices and an interest in keeping up to date with legislation changes
- Experience with Workday
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! 🙂
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews – we reward great work!
- Pension scheme & match up to 4%
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we also offer Windows for certain roles when needed.
Intercom has a hybrid working policy. We believe that working in person helps us stay connected, collaborate easier and create a great culture while still providing flexibility to work from home. We expect employees to be in the office at least two days per week.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Is this role not quite what you’re looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.