Media Relations Manager, UK // Klarna
October 28, 2021
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
We are looking for a Media Realtions Manager with a passion and flair for media relations to join Klarna’s Global Communications Media Response Team.
You will play a key role in building Klarna’s global brand through development and deployment of one consistent and compelling narrative, and management of media across external channels on all key topics to build understanding of our business, beliefs, products and services. You will be part of a global team responsible for Klarna’s press office management, handling global media responses on a range of topics related to our business and role in society, correcting inaccuracies and ensuring Klarna’s definitive company position is understood by external audiences. You will also be part of the team defining company responses to key topics and updating messaging and data points that tell our company story for use externally. You will work closely with the company management and cross-functionally across communications, marketing, commercial, product and customer services teams to collaborate on messaging, product news, and our services.
You will be an excellent writer with an ability to turn complex propositions into simple communications and soundbites so that Klarna’s global story is understood by all audiences. You will enjoy crafting meaningful messages and responses on a variety of topics and adapting them to be compelling and relevant across different channels and media. You will have strong relationships with media and enjoy nurturing and building relationships in order to help shape stories and achieve balance and accuracy of Klarna coverage in the UK.
- Play a crucial role in driving Klarna’s corporate communication efforts externally, bringing Klarna’s story to life consistently and advancing the company’s narrative and influence in the UK market, as a fast growing consumer brand.
- Be part of the global press office; day to day media relations, developing responses, written statements, Q&A, social content, arranging interviews, engaging with media, and tracking and measuring coverage.
- Create compelling written content based on developed strategies that can be used in external facing channels such as interviews, reports, press releases, media responses, blog posts and social media.
- Define and craft key messages on topics relevant to Klarna’s business and develop our profile as a respected thought leader and responsible company.
- Work closely with global comms colleagues to ensure consistent use of narrative and key messaging.
- You will need to be able to move between multiple audiences and contexts in a deft manner.
- Maintain and nurture strong relationships with top tier media.
- You will craft compelling stories and identify opportunities in corporate media to hijack news and/or mitigate potential negative news cycles.
- Though you will largely manage UK media, you will be part of a global team responsible for global media management, so the role requires someone able to learn about new markets quickly and contribute to global earned, owned and commercial media strategies.
Who you are
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Passionate about media relations and not afraid to get on the phone to seek corrections, build understanding of complex topics or discuss nuanced business policies.
- Proven skill and passion in proactively building and nurturing relationships with media, and in successfully generating top tier favourable media coverage as well as the ability to mitigate negative stories and media cycles.
- Experience acting as a trusted communications consultant on media matters to senior leadership.
- You have a can do positive attitude, are deeply collaborative, and enjoy working as part of a global cross-functional team.
- Proven experience working in a busy press office for a consumer facing or technology brand operating in the public spotlight and under scrutiny, managing complex issues.
- Experience working for a business operating in an evolving regulatory environment is a plus.
- Can operate within ambiguous environments with excellent problem solving abilities to drive the company forward with minimum guidance.
- Extremely flexible and adaptable and thrives in an ever-changing and evolving environment.
- Very organised and able to develop processes for more efficient, scalable ways of working.
- You are proactive and hands-on by nature and come up with new thinking and solutions adding value and innovation to our work.
- It is crucial that you can take initiative, be strategic and forward-looking while at the same time taking personal ownership for everyday delivery.
- Experience steering multiple projects simultaneously with excellent stakeholder management.
- Passionate about your job and enjoy a fast-paced, autonomous environment.
- Seeking to develop your skills and take the next step in your career in house working for a disruptor brand that has become a household name at a pivotal and exciting time for the business.
Please provide us with
- CV/Resume in English
- Writing samples are always welcome
- Any information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and accomplishments
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.
Visit the company websiteKlarna