Management Accountant // Vidsy
February 8, 2024
Vidsy is a multi-award-winning start-up with hubs in London (HQ), NYC, and LA to name a few, we’re building the go-to platform and ecosystem for Creators and brands to work and win together! Our creative platform helps the world’s best brands create effective video ads, while also providing the opportunities and tools for Creators to hone their skills, earn fair pay, and work on incredible projects. We’re building a different way to create; democratising creativity and empowering brands and Creators to build value together.
The Management Accountant at Vidsy plays a vital role in autonomously managing our day to day accounts, whilst supporting the Financial Controller with wider accounting across the business in the UK & USA, as well as ensuring our brilliant community of creators are paid accurately and on time. This is an opportunity to join a growing team and to collaborate with all of our talented teams and Clients.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Monthly preparation and review of P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow for 2 entities
- Responsible for ongoing control of balance sheet reconciliations
- Manage day-to-day financial operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, VAT and general ledger
- Work with our community team to ensure our global network of creators are paid on time
- Support FC with preparation of statutory accounts
- Support external audits by ensuring requested documentation is provided in a timely manner
- Assist with the preparation of annual forecasts
- Continuous review and improvement of various tasks and processes to ensure best practice standards, improve efficiency, productivity, and financial control.
- Responding to ad hoc queries, and analysis as required, prioritising work effectively to ensure that these queries are responded to on a timely basis.
- Relevant professional qualification e.g., AAT, CIMA, ACCA studier or QBE
- 4+ years’ experience in finance
- Evidence of your ability to take autonomous responsibility
- Relevant experience in tools such as Excel, Xero, Dext. Experience with Xero is a must.
- Hands on person and a can-do approach
- Be a problem solver, not be phased by constant change and be willing to adapt and implement solutions
- Be self-motivated & possess a willingness to help in all areas of finance when needed
Compensation & Package
💰 Competitive base salary
📈 Share Options
🩺 Private Healthcare
💻 Flexible working through our ‘virtual-first’ hybrid approach
🏝 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
😇 Annual Volunteer Day
♥️ Vidsy’s growing well-being offering & EAP
🍼 Enhanced parental leave policies
🌍 Your carbon footprint offset via our Ecologi partnership
Vidsy’s ‘Virtual-First‘ Hybrid Approach
We operate a hybrid way of working we call ‘virtual-first’. That means, across all our locations (London, NYC and LA), our teams work primarily remotely, with occasional in-office sessions for collaboration, client meetings, socials, and more. The nature of your role will dictate how often you attend (e.g. our Commercial Team visit the office weekly whereas our Engineering Team are typically in the office monthly), however, we’re flexible, and the balance of in-office versus remote can be discussed and confirmed during the interview process.
Diversity at Vidsy
Vidsy is working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make a better workplace, and ultimately better products. Vidsy doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.
Visit the company websiteVidsy