Klarna UK Governance Manager // Klarna
September 28, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
About the job.
The Klarna UK Governance, Klarna UK Operations ensures our firm not only stays aligned with best practices but also forges new standards in governance and vendor management. Reporting directly to the Head of Operations, this role offers an opportunity to play an influential part in refining and maintaining our operational excellence. Our commitment to impeccable governance and strong vendor relations is deeply rooted in our values. At Klarna UK, you’ll have the autonomy to shape, implement, and evolve frameworks, ensuring that we not only meet but exceed expectations in this domain. Your role will also be crucial in facilitating smoooth collaboration with Klarna UK stakeholders.
About your responsibilities.
- Develop, implement, and review governance frameworks, policies, and instructions in line with best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Be accountable for vendor governance and Intra-group Service Agreement (“IGSA”) service reviews. This includes prompting contract owners to consistently review KPIs and bring attention to issues via Klarna UK’s management committee.
- Ensure the effective oversight of outsourcing, procurement, and vendor management services from Klarna Group.
- Collaborate closely with the Compliance team to monitor compliance actions specific to Klarna UK.
- Conduct thorough assessments of the efficacy of governance structures, delivering valuable recommendations for improvement to the management committee.
- Be the primary point of contact for internal auditors, tracking all audit actions for Klarna UK.
- Coordinate training sessions for Klarna UK’s staff, focusing on governance best practices, any regulatory shifts, and internal company policies to maintain constant awareness and comprehension.
- Monitor and finalise actions resulting from service reviews, updating Klarna UK’s management on any pressing issues.
- Coordinate and prepare materials for all Klarna UK management committees, guaranteeing prompt and precise communication between teams and senior leadership.
- Engage with various business Domains to ensure alignment with Klarna UK’s governance and compliance objectives.
What you’ll need for this role.
- Experience in governance, vendor management, or a related field such as project management.
- Strong organisational and communication skills, with an ability to manage multiple priorities and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with teams.
- Acumen for identifying and recommending areas of improvement.
- Experience with contract management and KPI monitoring.
Nice to haves.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements relevant to UK banking.
- Demonstrate anProficient understanding of governance frameworks, policies, and best practices.
- Ability to lead training sessions and promote best practices within an organisation.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna’s innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
Visit the company websiteKlarna