Klarna UK Collections & Recoveries Senior Manager // Klarna
October 5, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
The Klarna UK Collections & Recoveries Senior Manager Klarna UK Operations owns all aspects of Klarna UK debt management activities including debt recovery strategies, policies and risk assessments as well as debt collection agency management and performance monitoring. The Collections & Recoveries Senior Managerwill be responsible for overseeing a team of Debt Management Support staff and any related services outsourced to KBAB.
This role will oversee:
The delivery of fair consumer outcomes: Maintaining conduct standards of treating customers fairly, providing good consumer outcomes, protecting vulnerable consumers and acting in the best interest of Klarna UK and its consumers at all times.
Collections strategy, policy and control: Developing Klarna UK’s early and late collections strategies including the use of debt collection agencies and debt sale.
Performance monitoring: Analysing performance of all aspects of early collection activities, late collections activities and debt sale.
Debt Collection Agency (“DCA”) assurance: Overseeing the performance of debt collection agencies, managing DCA contracts, performing assurance against the service contracts with Klarna UK and management of operational change requirements with the DCAs.
Training and Awareness: Overseeing the continuous professional development of the team in compliance with Klarna UK’s obligations for activities relating to debt.
Owning Policies, Instructions & Routines: Developing, reviewing and maintaining Klarna UK debt collection policies, instructions and routines, such as (but not limited to):UK Forbearance measures; andCollections and Arrears UK.
Performing a Certified Function
The Klarna UK Collections & Recoveries Senior Manager role is considered a ‘Certified Function’ due to their involvement in regulated activities as stipulated by Klarna UK’s regulatory obligations, specifically the Debt Management Regime.
As this role is a Certified Function, an assessment will be regularly (at least annually) conducted for the Collections & Recoveries Senior Manager to certify they are fit and proper to perform their responsibilities, function efficiently and in line with conduct expectations. This assessment takes into account integrity, knowledge, competence, experience and qualifications. Assessments are conducted regularly to reassess if the function changes. The outcome of each assessment is a certificate that states that Klarna UK is satisfied that the person is a fit and proper person to perform the Certification Function. Details of the assessment process, and expectations on those appointed to a certified function are outlined in the Senior Managers & Certification Regime UK Instruction (Final 20220927).
About your responsibilities.
- Report to the Klarna UK Head of Operations on development of early to late debt collection strategy, debt collection performance and management of incidents.
- Oversee the performance of DCAs working with UK consumers, ensuring they meet service level agreements, providing data when expected and report incidents on a timely basis.
- Attend the Klarna UK Audit, Compliance, Operations and Risk Committee (“ACORC”) as required to report to Klarna UK senior management. The Klarna UK ACORC is responsible for all decisions relating to Klarna UK’s overall debt management.
- Attend Klarna Forums and discuss UK matters. The Collections & Recoveries Senior Manager is responsible for ensuring that all material decisions relating to the UK are taken to the Klarna UK management committees for decision.
- Handle communications and direct interactions with the UK Regulator, the FCA, on UK Debt Management matters. The Collections & Recoveries Senior Manager will be expected to represent and articulate Klarna UK’s arrears, forbearance and collections strategy to the FCA when requested through regulatory interaction or to support discussions held directly with the Head of Klarna UK.
- Regularly review and update Klarna’s policies and Klarna UK’s instructions and routines to ensure compliance with the UK regulatory requirements.
- Lead process creation, improvements, and their implementation by ensuring execution, conducting thorough root cause analysis, and effectively influencing teams.
- Responsibility for detection, mitigation and reporting any incidents occurring within remits of accountability.
- Develop and manage key stakeholder relationships across the Klarna business with a view to enabling your team and others to deliver amazing customer experiences.
- Recruit, manage, coach, and take a deep interest in the career development of the members of your team.
About what you’ll need.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Finance or Business Administration.
- 7+ years of experience in Debt Management within a financial services firm.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of UK regulations and consumer protections to be able to ensure compliance.
- Proven ability to lead a team and develop a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and mitigate incidents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate complex debt management policies to a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to act as a subject matter expert and represent Klarna UK in discussions with the UK regulator.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and cultivating robust partnerships with stakeholders at a Director level in various Klarna Domains and teams.
- Deep understanding of collections, arrears and forbearance practices and ability to develop and implement policies that align with business objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Proven track record of delivering successful operations and providing a positive consumer experience.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna’s innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
Visit the company websiteKlarna