Insights Communications Manager // Klarna
January 13, 2022
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 5000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
The Klarna communications team is a driven, passionate and fun group of people focused on making Klarna a global brand that is known, respected and loved by consumers, merchants and all relevant stakeholders.
We are looking for a communications professional with a passion for storytelling who wants to become part of a newly formed team within corporate communications specializing in insights-driven PR, taking part in narrating the ongoing digital transformation across shopping and personal finance.
You will work closely together with our analysts and researchers to build captivating narratives that describe emerging trends within shopping and financial services. Together, you will aspire to build Klarna’s thought leadership across all our markets as you present your findings to the outside world.
What you will do
- Apply your expertise and passion for storytelling to make insights and analyses originating from complex data and statistics easy to understand and exciting to explore across multiple channels.
- Develop and implement communication strategies and plans to support the objective to position Klarna as the global thought leader within ecommerce.
- Create compelling, expertly written content based on developed strategies that can be used in external facing channels such as reports, websites, press releases, blog posts and social media.
- Take part in building a global knowledge base focusing on fast moving developments and consumers’ behavioral changes within shopping and financial services.
- Work across multiple markets to build and maintain strong relationships with internal teams.
- Work together with experienced analysts and researchers to develop compelling editorial stories and messaging based on highly topical events within Klarna’s fields of expertise.
Who you are
- Passion for storytelling, willingness and capacity to learn new things.
- Comfortable working with data to create compelling content for a range of different audiences.
- Enjoying a fast-moving and dynamic environment, and can quickly adapt to change and have the ability to prioritize your work effectively.
- Confident to be an independent player while also enjoying being part of a team.
- Proactive and hands-on by nature, coming up with new thinking that adds value and innovation to the work we do.
- It is crucial that you can take initiative, be strategic and forward-looking while at the same time taking personal ownership for everyday delivery.
- Positive, go–getter attitude with an ‘always on’ mindset
You should have
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in communications roles and/or editorial/content driven roles.
- Ability to write compelling content for different channels and audiences in a time efficient manner.
- Ability to understand statistics and turn complex calculations into simple narratives.
- Project management experience within communications/editorial.
- Previous experience of thought leadership communications a plus.
- The ability to identify and evaluate news hooks and topics of current consumer and media interest.
- Understanding of ecommerce and fintech market and trends is a plus.
- Fluent English.
Submit your CV in English upon applying to the role.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.
Visit the company websiteKlarna