Information Security Analyst // Klarna
October 19, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
We are seeking a driven individual with a passion for solving problems, taking initiative, and seizing opportunities for improvement. If you thrive in a fast-paced international environment and are ready to go above and beyond to contribute to Klarna’s growth, you could be the perfect fit for our Information Security Analyst role. We embrace change at Klarna and encourage you to challenge the status quo while persistently pursuing excellence.
What you will get to do
- As an Information Security Analyst in the second line of defense, your primary objective is to assess the design and effectiveness of Klarna’s IT and Information Security controls.
- In this capacity, you will collaborate closely with the UK Head of Information Security and Klarna’s Head of Security Compliance to ensure alignment of the information security management systems with regulatory requirements, industry best practices, and the company’s strategic goals. Your pivotal role involves monitoring and overseeing IT and IS risks and controls across various areas, including conducting control testing and assisting with external audits.
- This role necessitates a strong background in risk management and exceptional communication skills, as you will work closely with Group functions and various internal and external stakeholders across all levels of the organisation.
- Utilize various investigative techniques such as stakeholder interviews, process reviews, technical documentation reviews, data analysis, and system configuration reviews to independently evaluate the design and effectiveness of IT and IS controls.
- Clearly and concisely document findings to inform well-reasoned decisions, identifying potential regulatory or security issues, trade-offs, and risks. Provide guidance to 1st Line of Defense stakeholders to enhance control performance and efficiency, including exploring automation options.
- Review and coordinate the IT and IS risk assessment process, challenging risk analysis processes to ensure they align with business and regulatory requirements.
- Actively contribute to the ongoing development of Klarna’s information security management system framework by making proactive recommendations for improvements to policies, standards, and processes.
- Represent the company in IT and IS-related matters with auditors and other external parties, assisting in coordinating evidence production and supporting the 1st Line of Defense in understanding and responding to auditor demands.
- Contribute to quarterly independent reporting on the IT and IS risk profile of the business from the Risk Control function for the UK Risk Forum and UK Board.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, including senior management, business units, and external partners, to ensure effective communication and implementation of information security management initiatives.
Who you are
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in conducting information security control reviews, audits, and investigations.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex ideas to various stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a cross-functional team environment.
- A deep understanding of practical information security assurance and a desire to optimize and simplify its implementation.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to leverage data for informed decision-making.
- Experience with industry standards for information security, particularly ISO27001/2, and a comprehensive understanding of their underlying principles and rationale.
- Experience and understanding of UK (FCA) regulatory expectations for information security and operational resilience.
- Proficiency in using automation for control testing (“Compliance-as-Code”).
- Knowledge of risk management practices within a financial services firm.
- Relevant information security certifications such as ISO27001 Lead Auditor/Implementer.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna’s innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
Visit the company websiteKlarna