Head of Total Rewards // Klarna
October 12, 2023
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
About the role:
We are seeking a strategic and experienced Head of Total Rewards to partner with Klarna’s C-Level Leadership team to develop and manage our global reward strategy and spearhead the design and implementation of Klarna’s global Equity programme. This highly visible role will play an integral part in driving and executing cross-functional strategic initiatives including the development of our Equity Plan.
We are looking for a highly driven person with a combination of analytical skills and a great team spirit. If you also enjoy a dynamic international environment and are known for leading Rewards teams within a fast growth company this might be the right opportunity for you!
As a leader you will:
- Develop and execute the employee reward strategy to attract and retain top talent
- Develop and maintain a total rewards philosophy that is consistent with Klarna’s mission, vision, and values
- Design and implement recognition programs that foster a culture of appreciation and encourage employee engagement
- Develop and maintain competitive benefits packages, including health, wellness, retirement, and other programs in existing and new markets
- Execute and optimise the administration of our global stock incentive plans and prepare to scale program administration for company growth
- Develop and manage incentive programs that motivate employees to perform at their best
- Partner with internal and external stakeholder as the primary expert for stock related program management, employee queries, and management of our stock administration providers
- Ensure integrity of the equity database including the process and reconciliation of grants, exercises and warrants for new and current employees
- Lead and represent Klarna through new processes or projects such as implementation of new stock plan programs
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field; MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience in reward, with a focus on strategy development and program design and stock plan administration experience for pre-IPO companies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skillsExcellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage and develop a team of professionals
- Knowledge of reward laws and regulations across multiple jurisdictionsExperience in partnering with Executive internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working within high growth, fast-paced technology companies.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna’s innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
Visit the company websiteKlarna