Global Controller // Klarna
November 11, 2021
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
The Financial & Regulatory Reporting domain is responsible for accurately recording and translating Klarna’s activities into financial records in line with accounting and regulatory frameworks and delivering reporting to meet obligations to regulators, investors and partners, and to facilitate Klarna’s management to make informed business decisions. The Group Accounting and Reporting and Finance Systems teams are a diverse mix of international and local experience. Working in English, we thrive in a constantly changing and dynamic environment and provide lots of opportunities for personal and professional growth and development.
About the role
As a Senior Manager within the Financial Reporting domain, you will be leading a group of teams that are responsible for IFRS and local GAAP accounting and reporting for the Klarna Group. This will be a key role in the domain leadership team; responsible for; delivering accurate and timely accounting and reporting, developing strong internal controls, leading process improvement projects across the finance problem space and supporting and representing the Domain Lead (DL) at relevant forums, both within the domain and across Klarna. We are open to the right candidate being based in Stockholm, London or Berlin.
As a Senior Manager within the Financial Reporting domain, you will
- Be responsible for the general accounting and financial reporting activities across Klarna, leading the Group’s Financial Accounting and consolidation and reporting process in line with both IFRS and local GAAP. Delivering accurate, complete and timely financial reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead the Group’s accounting and consolidation and reporting teams located across Stockholm, Columbus (OH) and London; inspiring and developing talent and maintaining a strong control environment.
- Work closely with the Lead of Group Consolidation and Reporting to develop effective accounting, reporting and controls frameworks. Including; appropriate controls over the Quarterly, Interim and Annual Reports, Audit and Risk Management Processes, Group Balance Sheet Reconciliation framework and controls and oversight over the Group’s global local statutory and tax audits and reporting obligations.
- Own and lead on the implementation and application of Klarna’s accounting and reporting policies and processes. Engaging proactively across the wider CFO and business domains and develop supporting processes to ensure successful implementation and compliance.
- Manage external auditor relationships to facilitate effective completion of audit procedures.
- Oversee provision of authoritative advice and guidance on financial accounting, governance and compliance matters across Klarna.
- Be a key contributor to the Accounting Competence at Klarna, ensuring that accounting talent have the commercial acumen, technical financial skills, and analytical capabilities to meet the needs of the organisation.
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Proven experience in finance leadership roles – (5+ years) in a Group controller, Head of/Director of Finance or similar role, preferably within a regulated financial services environment.
- Deep understanding of the financial services industry and products. Banking, payments or fintech experience an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience in working collaboratively and proactively to address emerging financial issues, ensuring an effective financial control environment, and delivering improvements to financial processes and activities; Experience in defining and delivering change in a finance setting.
- Experience in leading teams of different sizes; responding to organisational change through building skill-sets and capability.
- Demonstrable leadership skills; the ability to engage and influence and build credibility across diverse stakeholder groups across a decentralised international and matrixed environment.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Our official company language is English.
- Relevant certifications -. CFA/CPA/ACA/ACCA or equivalent
How to apply: please send us your CV in English.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.
Visit the company websiteKlarna