Full Stack Developer // Tab
Full Stack Developer
We’re iteratively building a slick traveller-focussed business discovery and direct-booking platform in Svelte + Django, with over 60,000 active businesses worldwide, and more joining every day.
Some of the challenges which excite us:
- iterating on our traveller-focused platform with an ambitious plan to support 100,000+ businesses and a 1,000,000+ travellers all over the world: we’re thinking about speed, security, edge-computing
- scaling our payments platform to handle 100x more payments per day whilst maintaining checks-and-balances: we’re thinking about concurrent-systems, next-gen payment gateways, dynamic scaling, TDD
- continuously improving how we work and dev, as the team and challenges grow
At Tab, we’re building a better platform for travel. We’re improving the way travellers discover, plan & book their trips — giving independent business owners the tools to improve their online presence and take bookings direct from travellers. Our payment system helps tourism businesses to save on payment costs, manage and take bookings more flexibly – while spending less time on admin and more time with their customers.
We’re trusted by thousands of tourism businesses around the world, and we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of travellers to pay in over 100 currencies. We’re working on ambitious plans to revolutionise the experience of independent travel – by helping travellers make the most of their precious time abroad, and giving local tourism operators the vital tools they need to run & promote their business. We’re primarily based in London, and we’re backed by Y Combinator (the investors behind Airbnb, Dropbox and Stripe).
We move fast, so you’ll start having a meaningful impact on the business in your first week as we execute our ambitious growth plan. You’ll also be encouraged to contribute across all areas – we all help each other out.
We’re looking for developers to join our growing team who:
- Can contribute across the whole stack and are comfortable using multiple programming languages and frameworks, applying the right tool to the job at hand
- Can move fast, design with intent, build carefully and test thoroughly
- Love to learn: new and old technologies, tried and tested methodologies — and most importantly, from their mistakes
- Test first, refactor today, and document for tomorrow, because someone will have to read/improve/refactor/fix it later
- Have at least 2 to 5 years of full-stack experience building webapps with any OO language and modern tech-stack
What you can expect:
- Work as part of an office-centric, flat-structured, close-knit team — as one of the first 3-5 developers
- Take part in agile practices, using sprints, standups and pair-programming a core part of our workflow
- Design, build, test and ship real stuff from week-zero. Action feedback from real users in the wild to build the best product, taking pride in what gets shipped.
- Own code across our new and existing projects to build and improve our services for over 60,000 users. Scale services to handle our ambitious growth plans to the next 1 million travellers, as travel returns.
- Continue to learn on-the-job — we’ll help with access to books, courses, and conferences with a £1k annual training budget
- Choose your own gear (desktop/laptop + screen)
- Flexible hours (start early or late, as you prefer)
- Weekly team social lunch, and regular team events
- Very generous stock options in a YC-backed startup
- Competitive salary (based on your level of experience)
- Python, Flask, Django, FastAPI
- JS, Svelte, React, ReactNative
- Postgres, Redis
- Heroku, AWS
- Git, GitHub Actions CI, Sentry, LogDNA
Our typical interview process looks like this:
- Initial call – Get to know each-other + some technical questions (~45mins)
- Live debugging exercise + code review (~90mins)
- Non-technical interview, meet-in-person (~3hrs)