Full Stack Developer // Tab
Full Stack Developer
As part of a growing team of devs, you can look forward to building, improving and scaling our services across a multitude of platforms, including:
- Mobile payments app, built in React Native for iOS and Android, enabling Merchants around the world to take in-person payments from travellers, with the phone in their pocket.
- Booking and Payments Webapps, built on Flask + Postgres + React, gives Merchants the tools to take bookings and get paid ahead-of-time, in-person and after-the-fact on any device.
- Payments Core, built on Python 3 + Postgres + Redis, supporting international payments across over a hundred currencies in real-time 24/7 with zero downtime
- The Guide, built on Django + Postgres + Svelte, is our new digital guidebook designed to support hundreds of thousands of businesses and travellers around the world.
About TabAt Tab, we’re building a better platform for travel. We’re improving the way travellers discover, plan & book their trips — giving independent business owners the tools to improve their online presence and take bookings direct from travellers. Our payment system helps tourism businesses to save on payment costs, manage and take bookings more flexibly – while spending less time on admin and more time with their customers.
We’re trusted by thousands of tourism businesses around the world, and we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of travellers to pay in over 100 currencies. We’re working on ambitious plans to revolutionise the experience of independent travel – by helping travellers make the most of their precious time abroad, and giving local tourism operators the vital tools they need to run & promote their business. We’re primarily based in London, and we’re backed by Y Combinator (the investors behind Airbnb, Dropbox and Stripe).
We move fast, so you’ll start having a meaningful impact on the business in your first week as we execute our ambitious growth plan. You’ll also be encouraged to contribute across all areas – we all help each other out.
We’re looking for developers to join our growing team, who:
- can move fast, design with intent, build carefully and test thoroughly, without leaving a burning wreckage in their wake!
- love to learn: new and old technologies, tried and tested methodologies — and most importantly, from their mistakes
- work as a team, ask questions first – not later – and you’re not afraid to tell someone when their code smells!
- approach problems methodically, gathering requirements and exploring different solutions, avoiding the temptation of the latest shiny for shiny-sake
- test first, refactor today, and document for tomorrow, because someone will have to read/improve/refactor/fix it later
- have at least 18 months to 4 years of full-stack experience building webapps with any OO language and modern tech-stack
What you can expect:
- work as part of a flat-structured, close-knit team — as one of the first 5-6 developers
- design, build, test and ship real stuff from day-zero (with feedback from real users in the wild)
- the freedom to make a big impact, quickly
- a measurable impact on new and existing projects to build, scale, secure and improve our services
- learn on-the-job — we’ll help with access to books, courses, and conferences
- be part of an agile team, using sprints, standups and pair-programming to move fast
- contribute to our evolving development methodology and practices, through weekly discussions and trial-by-fire
- join our office in Central London — we believe we’re more effective as an office-based team
What you will get:
- Very generous stock options in a YC-backed startup
- Annual training budget to spend on training or conferences
- Flexible hours (start early or late, as you prefer)
- Weekly team social lunch, and regular team events
- Competitive salary (based on your level of experience)