Finance Project Manager // Klarna
March 24, 2022
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace a hypergrowth atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
About the role
As a key member of Klarna’s Finance team, you will be responsible for leading, coordinating and delivering key finance project workstreams and initiatives across the Group finance team. Leading several initiatives to improve key systems, processes and associated controls and support the broader finance transformation agenda.
As a proven project leader you will be highly skilled in leading and delivering the full project life cycle. Ideally with a finance or technology background you will be able to contribute in identifying solutions and navigating complexities. The ability to drive effective communications with internal and external stakeholders and act as a key interface to cross functional teams and SMEs is essential.
We are looking for a new klarnaut who is naturally curious, enjoys solving complex problems and is highly collaborative. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment with diverse, high performing teams and achieving challenging goals, this is a great opportunity to join our team.
As Finance Project Manager you will:
- Provide strong leadership, coordination and problem solving support as acting as project manager and delivery lead on key finance workstreams and initiatives driving process, system and control improvements.
- Take a leading role with project owners, sponsors, and subject matter experts to ensure alignment on project and workstream objectives and requirements. Establishing clear project plans and timelines and identifying key roles, SMEs and resource requirements. Managing project teams and key contributors to drive delivery inline with project timelines.
- Lead coordination and develop close working relationships with tech partners, product teams and engineers across the Group to identify optimal solutions for Klarna and drive cross function and team engagement.
- Support identification of technology solutions and process improvements.
- Manage project scope and risks, identifying critical issues and developing mitigations, solutions and corrections in a timely manner as needed.
- Own combined finance workstream reporting to finance leadership. Driving coordination and prioritisation across various finance workstreams, including identification of key interdependencies. Working closely with finance team leads and providing key updates to finance leadership.
- Manage co-ordination of monthly close activities, driving improved communication across the teams and visibility to status of upstream dependencies
- Help develop and establish key finance benchmarking and performance metrics
- Support Finance data interface engineers to manage incoming priorities and workstreams
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Experienced project manager/delivery lead within a finance function (5+ years). Ideally with experience within financial services or technology.
- Curious mindset with ability to break down complex pictures into digestible pieces.
- Able to articulate complex information in a clear, concise manner and to challenge and develop ideas
- Ability to interact with cross functional teams and history of working collaboratively and proactively to address emerging issues and deliver solutions.
- Ability to engage, influence and build credibility across diverse stakeholder groups across a decentralised international and matrixed environment.
- Strong communication skills, able to present and articulate complex concepts to cross-functional executive audiences
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Our official company language is English.
- A background in accounting or within a finance function is desirable but not essential.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
The Klarna Work Policy is designed to make sure we foster team collaboration while also ensuring a productive and flexible work environment. We work 2 days per week in the office on agreed days, and then 3 flexible days. We’re also providing each Klarnaut with an annual financial contribution to improve their flexible work life whether they use it to upgrade their work accessories, or their home office space!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 90 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by helping them save time and money while better managing their cashflow and making informed decisions. Over 250,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna’s innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. With over 5,000 employees, Klarna is active in 20 markets and is one of the most highly-valued private fintechs globally, with a valuation of $45.6 billion. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
Visit the company websiteKlarna