Executive Assistant // Intercom
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom is on a mission to make Internet business more personal. The role we’re looking to fill is a dynamic Executive Assistant role who will provide support to our London site leaders, three amazing R&D Senior Directors, Jane, Marc and Emmet. Your hunger for all things product and tech will be well matched by helping shape Intercom’s newest office plus you’ll also have the opportunity to make an impact on the global Admin team.
What will I be doing? 🚀
There will never be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, especially as the company evolves and you grow with it. That said, the following things will often be on your to-do list:
* Directly support London’s R&D Senior Directors and anticipate their needs by deeply understanding org goals and ensuring time is organised appropriately
* Provide admin support including high-volume, multi time-zone calendar management and frequent reprioritization in collaboration with global Admin team
* Skillfully and compassionately ensure your Executives have protected focus time
* Event manage regular All Hands meetings, including liaising with Office Experience and IT, and gathering team presentation content
* Help project manage major/cross-functional tasks and projects
* Support leaders’ requirements for tech speaking events, both internally and externally
* Book global travel (flights and hotels), coordinating and preparing clear details to ensure a seamless experience
* Keep your leaders on track with receipt collection and Expensify submissions
* Help out with recruiting, managing and organizing candidate pipelines and onboarding new people into the team
* Act as a barometer for your Executives’ teams, ensuring your leaders are always aware of people’s needs
* Manage information with the utmost discretion and confidentiality
* Organically grow strong, collaborative relationships with your Executives’ reports and wider R&D, Admin, and Leadership teams, to name but a few
* Inform your Execs of employee updates and milestones, including performance reviews, sub-team celebrations, and work anniversaries
* Miscellaneous tasks, some will occasionally be personal in nature
Now and then, this full-time position will require working and answering emails outside of office hours.
What skills do I need? 📖
You’re inclusive by nature and obsessively organised, but with a creative, problem-solving attitude. You seek information because you get a buzz out of knowing what makes things and people tick. You’re approachable, positive and collaborative, always assuming best intent and willing to work hard to ensure the success of those around you. Your concept of a good day is one filled with new learnings and opportunities to effect change. This role is the right fit if you’re an empathetic Executive Assistant who enjoys working with people and product equally.
You should also have:
* 3+ years Executive Assistant experience supporting tech Executives and teams
* Or relevant experience in a hyper organised, fast paced, high impact environment
* Ability to initiate complex, high-level, multi-phase tasks and see them through to completion with minimal assistance and complete unflappability!
* High bar for professionalism and discretion, with buckets of innate empathy
* Capability and desire to flex communication style to meet different stakeholder needs
* Unbelievable organisational skills and a curiosity to improve processes
* Acutely familiar with Gmail, Google calendar, Google drive, and other productivity software like Slack, Basecamp, Trello
* Fluent in English (verbal and written)
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
* A strong interest in technology and some experience in this area
* Have a Bachelor’s degree
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! 🙂
* Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
* We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday! There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
* Regular compensation reviews – we reward great work
* Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
* Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
* Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
* Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
* Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to £90 quarterly
* MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Where does Intercom stand on diversity?
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We’re committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.