Compliance Specialist // Klarna
December 2, 2021
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 5000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
Do you want to be part of an international, growing Compliance team, working for one of Europe’s largest FinTech/disrupter-banks, that wants to revolutionize the financial industry? Klarna is looking for new members to strengthen the Compliance Team. We are looking for Compliance Specialists located in London, United Kingdom.
General working experience (1-6 years) within the financial services sector; legal background is beneficial, and experience is a requirement; and most importantly – you should be passionate about compliance.
Specific experience is desirable with:
* payment services and systems
* consumer credit, financing and lending
* financial crime risk (including AML/CTF, ABC and fraud) and/or PSDII & open banking – considered highly qualifying
* experience with FinTech firms – also considered advantageous.
Furthermore, you need to have excellent English language skills for any location; Swedish language skills are a bonus.
You will be part of the Compliance Team, so it is important that you have the ability to prioritize and be comfortable with working independently, but also with others in the team and around the business. You should have integrity, be ambitious, proactive and action oriented, and be an excellent communicator.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- supporting the Compliance Team in their activities, including administration and communication with regulators (e.g. registering regulatory engagement, and preparing regulatory notifications and reports) and coordination (e.g. obtaining responses to regulatory requests for information)
- creating and updating guidelines, policies, instructions and routines within the compliance field
- monitoring regulatory developments within Klarna’s business areas
- interpreting and implementing new and modified regulations
- advising the business on all compliance related matters
- sharing knowledge and educating on regulatory requirements, and contributing to ongoing competence throughout Klarna by providing information and training
- tracking and reviewing Klarna’s adherence to regulations and ensuring good compliance governance within the business
- preventing and identifying compliance risks, and preparing risk analyses
- taking part in development projects for new products and services
- preparing, implementing, and maintaining compliance plans
- preparing and coordinating internal and external reports.
We can offer you an international working environment, filled with friendly, smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you’ll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.
Please send in your application in English.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.
Visit the company websiteKlarna