Communications Specialist, Media Response Team // Klarna
November 25, 2021
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 5000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
We are looking for a communications specialist to join Klarna’s Global Communications Media Response Team. This person will be responsible for monitoring news cycles and developing analysis and reports for a range of topics and issues related to Klarna. A key part of this role is keeping teams informed with real-time news updates in order to decide if a response is necessary (eg fact correct, comment etc), summaries of social media conversations, and media coverage trends, themes, and overall analysis.
You will be part of a global team responsible for Klarna’s overall media management, handling global media and social media responses on a range of topics related to our business and role in society, correcting inaccuracies and ensuring Klarna’s definitive company position is understood by external audiences. You will also be part of the team defining company responses to key topics and updating messaging and data points that tell our company story for use externally.
This is a foundational role focused on media intelligence and analysis that will support the work of the broader team to manage Klarna’s global media operations and strategies. The ideal candidate will excel at working collaboratively with colleagues and can consistently deliver high-quality work even under time constraints and moving quickly between different contexts and geographies. You should be interested in the news and up to date on current affairs and be familiar with using data analytics to inform media strategies.
- Read analyze, and summarize media coverage of important topics related to Klarna, the business, and wider industry.
- Be part of the global press office; day-to-day media relations, developing written statements, Q&A, social content, engaging with media, and tracking and measuring coverage.
- Define and craft key messages on topics relevant to Klarna’s business for use across media and social media to develop our profile as a respected thought leader and responsible company.
- You will craft compelling stories and identify opportunities in corporate media to hijack news and/or mitigate potential negative news cycles.
- Stay informed on Global news cycle (prioritising Klarna key markets).
- Stay up to date on complex issues facing the company, helping to fix any issues that impact our reputation and deliver insights accordingly.
- Track social media conversations and deliver insightful reports as necessary.
- Work closely with broader communications team to help support and inform communication strategy.
- Work closely with third party supplier on measurement and analysis to deliver media insights and trends over time to inform earned and owned media strategies.
Who you are:
- 2-3+ years of experience monitoring press and stakeholder relations.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced environment with exceptional attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with the global media market [focus on English speaking countries though role requires global media monitoring].
- Experience writing news summaries and drafting messaging materials. Experience identifying issues from media coverage analysis and working in a team to manage issues, responses, and crisis communication strategies.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and fluid environment with ability to adapt.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making capability, including spotting issues early, knowing which issues impact reputation, when to escalate, how to prioritize, and crafting appropriate responses.
- Experience owning multiple deliverables with ability to prioritise and work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to see the bigger picture of creating a compelling company narrative and how external responses need to be aligned across all channels.
- Proactive and hands-on by nature, able to come up with new thinking that adds value and innovation to the work we do.
- You are an independent player who can be strategic and forward-looking while at the same time taking personal ownership for everyday delivery.
- Well-organised and detail-oriented.
- You will be an excellent writer with an ability to turn complex propositions into simple communications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Additional languages a plus but not required.
Please submit an English version of your CV to the application.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.
Visit the company websiteKlarna