Business Development Associate – Japanese Speaking – Virtual Shopping // Klarna
March 3, 2022
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace a hypergrowth atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
The Virtual Shopping domain is seeking a CSM (business development / commercial associate) with exemplary relationship-building skills to manage partnerships with the world’s leading retailers, including a focus on performance and ongoing adoption of our product. We’re looking for a natural business leader with a progressive attitude who is driven by our mission to redefine the future of retail. The candidate should be comfortable holding senior client relationships across both eCommerce and retail teams and using data to inform insights and opportunities for growth. The ideal candidate will have impeccable written and verbal communication skills with experience presenting to C-level executives. You’ll have a talent for calculating meaningful retail metrics to report to our clients and be well versed in discovering, resolving, and managing the challenges faced by retailers today.
- Ownership and accountability for ensuring customer satisfaction and contract renewals within the assigned merchant portfolio.
- Defining, analyzing, and regularly monitoring client KPIs whilst reporting back to your clients with recommendations for improvements and tangible action plans to reduce churn and mitigate risk.
- Always acting in the best interest of your client – passionate, dedicated, and commercially focused, being the first point of contact for troubleshooting issues as they arise, and providing clear, regular communications to show progress.
- Helping to support the Asia Pacific market in both Japan and Australia.
- 2+ years professional experience (preferably within account management, sales, or client services)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a tech-startup or fashion environment is a plus
- Data-driven approach
- Thrive when juggling multiple projects at once
- Ability to listen carefully and understand technical requirements
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent reporting ability
- Fluency in BOTH Japanese and English
Please submit your CV in English.
Languages: Japanese and English fluency required.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
The Klarna Work Policy is designed to make sure we foster team collaboration while also ensuring a productive and flexible work environment. We work 2 days per week in the office on agreed days, and then 3 flexible days. We’re also providing each Klarnaut with an annual financial contribution to improve their flexible work life whether they use it to upgrade their work accessories, or their home office space!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 90 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by helping them save time and money while better managing their cashflow and making informed decisions. Over 250,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna’s innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. With over 5,000 employees, Klarna is active in 20 markets and is one of the most highly-valued private fintechs globally, with a valuation of $45.6 billion. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
Visit the company websiteKlarna