Assistant Accountant // Vidsy
December 14, 2023
Vidsy is a multi-award-winning start-up with hubs in London (HQ), NYC, and LA to name a few, we’re building the go-to platform and ecosystem for Creators and brands to work and win together! Our creative platform helps the world’s best brands create effective video ads, while also providing the opportunities and tools for Creators to hone their skills, earn fair pay, and work on incredible projects. We’re building a different way to create; democratising creativity and empowering brands and Creators to build value together.
The Assistant Accountant at Vidsy plays a vital role in supporting the Financial Controller with day-to-day accounting across the business, as well as ensuring our brilliant community of creators are paid accurately and on time. This is an opportunity to join a growing team and to collaborate with all of our talented teams and Clients.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Manage the bookkeeping for our UK & US entities
- Ownership of AR, AP & employee expenses along with weekly pay runs
- Work with our community team to ensure our network of creators are paid on time
- Manage the Finance Email Inbox for invoices, supplier statements, queries
- Perform bank reconciliations & VAT returns
- Payroll management for our UK & US entities
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting activities
- Assist with accounts preparation & audits where necessary
- Support the finance team with ad-hoc tasks and projects
- Relevant professional qualification e.g., AAT, CIMA, ACCA, or QBE
- 3-5 years’ experience in finance
- Relevant experience in softwares such as Excel, Xero, Dext, Expensify
- Ability to work autonomously
- Hands on person and a can-do approach
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Be self-motivated & possess a willingness to help in all areas of finance when needed
Compensation & Package
💰 Competitive base salary
📈 Share Options
🩺 Private Healthcare
💻 Flexible working through our ‘virtual-first’ hybrid approach
🏝 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
😇 Annual Volunteer Day
♥️ Vidsy’s growing well-being offering & EAP
🍼 Enhanced parental leave policies
🌍 Your carbon footprint offset via our Ecologi partnership
Vidsy’s ‘Virtual-First‘ Hybrid Approach
We operate a hybrid way of working we call ‘virtual-first’. That means, across all our locations (London, NYC and LA), our teams work primarily remotely, with occasional in-office sessions for collaboration, client meetings, socials, and more. The nature of your role will dictate how often you attend (e.g. our Commercial Team visit the office weekly whereas our Engineering Team are typically in the office monthly), however, we’re flexible, and the balance of in-office versus remote can be discussed and confirmed during the interview process.
Diversity at Vidsy
Vidsy is working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make a better workplace, and ultimately better products. Vidsy doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.
Visit the company websiteVidsy