Solutions Engineer // Segment
We are here to make life easier for our customers and to leave them with the “wow” feeling of having solved integration, data management and analytics issues with ease, style and class.
- Understand and qualify customers’ goals and effectively articulate Segment’s ability to meet these goals
- Gain and maintain a deep understanding of and document the customers’ architectural solutions/environment
- Work in concert with the Enterprise Account Executives to build and adapt sales strategies and drive towards successful sales into F500 companies
- Assist in Sales stages such as opportunity qualification, demonstrations, Proof of Concept presentations (POC), RFP responses & business justification in a technical pre sales capacity
- Ensure the success of customer POCs through effective management of success criteria, planning and execution
- Distill and advocate customer interests, needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales
- Maintaining awareness of internal roadmap and new product features to evangelize with customers and their feedback to Segment product management and engineering groups
- Continuously learn and update skills and keep aware of industry trends in the integration and data management space
- Obsessed with solving customer problems
- Passionate commitment to closing sales deals
- 5+ years of experience in a sales/solutions engineering role, with a record of top performance in the B2B SAAS space for enterprise accounts
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is preferred
- A firm understanding of enterprise integration methodologies, best practices and API architecture
- Strong technical background with hands on professional or personal experience many of the following areas:
- Web development, mobile development, device platforms & architectures, ETL concepts and workflows, high availability systems and business continuity, message queuing patterns,Batch operations and pipeline design
- 3+ years development experience in one or more of the following languages:
- SQL development and optimization, Data warehousing, relational database architecture and data modeling with some of the following:
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift, BigQuery, Spark, Hadoop
- Ability to travel 25% to 50%
- Superior organizational skills working with multiple customers and have the ability to switch context quickly throughout the day with various competing demands
Background in product development, management or technical pre-sales of digital advertising technology such as ad platforms and networks, marketing automation, attribution etc.
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, and any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.