Senior DevOps Engineer // Culture Trip
January 23, 2020
Culture Trip is a global hyper-growth startup operating in travel, media and entertainment. We create stories that reveal what is unique and special about a place, its people and its culture. In-house creative teams work with a global network of more than 300 freelance creators to produce articles, videos, photography, illustration and animation.
From just a dozen people in late 2016, the team has expanded to more than 250. This diverse group of software engineers, product designers, data scientists, editorial experts and content creators are spread across offices in London, New York City and Tel Aviv. Alumni of companies including Google, Facebook, Expedia, Lonely Planet, Spotify, Bloomberg, Viacom, TripAdvisor and the BBC have joined recently. A recent Series B funding injection from PPF Group of $80 million has further propelled rapid growth. Monthly unique visitors to the site have gone from 4 million to nearly 20 million, cross-platform social followers have increased from 1 million to 7 million, and app downloads have leapt from 50,000 to 2 million. Culture Trip videos have been viewed more than 2 billion times. Culture Trip, founded by Dr Kris Naudts, has been named by Forbes as one of the fastest-growing companies to watch.
Everyone working at Culture Trip is driven by a shared vision: to inspire people to go beyond their cultural boundaries and connect with the world around them. We want to bring the world to everyone and in doing so bring everyone closer together.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to work in our cross-functional squads who work closely with our content teams. We are looking to solve the challenge of maintaining quality while scaling the content from our contributors all around the world and using data to drive stories.
The position provides an excellent opportunity to help us continue to build our Engineering team and influence our culture, delivery, and how it functions.
You should be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, able to think outside the box, and take initiative. Above all, you should be smart, passionate, and dedicated to building a solid Engineering culture.
- Being an advocate for DevOps principles within the team
- Building a DevOps culture within teams
- Enabling teams to deliver smoothly and efficiently whilst maintaining quality
- Configuring and setting up infrastructure to support teams
- Engaging in Agile meetings and ensuring work is delivered in a timely manner
- Contributing to the runtime platform used across Engineering
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience with Continuous Integration & Delivery
- Strong working knowledge of AWS
- Experience of working in a DevOps environment
- Experience with infrastructure as code, ideally Terraform
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes (or similar orchestration engines)
- Experience of working with and towards a modern microservices architecture
- Knowledge of working in an Agile environment (Lean, Scrum, Kanban)
Culture Trip is committed to equality of opportunity for all. We strongly believe that diversity of backgrounds, ethnicities, experience, circumstances, abilities and perspectives leads to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users.
Visit the company websiteCulture Trip