Sales Engineer (London) // Klaviyo
November 7, 2019
Klaviyo is using technology to reinvent email marketing from the ground up. For too long marketing has been pretty selfish. Companies blast everyone with the same email, not because they think that’s what customers want, but because they don’t have a choice. Klaviyo fundamentally changes the game. Our software ties together everything companies know about their customers, processes massive quantities of data in real-time, and uses it to drive a platform that’s part CRM, part analytics engine, and 100% an email platform that gets results. Technology has come a long way in the last 15 years, but email hasn’t really changed. We’re here to fix that.
Sales Engineering at Klaviyo
At Klaviyo, we have a unique take on Sales Engineering. While most companies hire SEs to give demos, fill out questionnaires, and speak about technical concepts we don’t think that’s very interesting or efficient. We hire smart Sales reps to do that. The mission of our Sales Engineering team is to work directly with a small percentage of potential customers, alongside our sales team, and use these engagements as an opportunity to learn, prototype, and engineer meaningful improvements to the Klaviyo experience. It’s a unique role that, for the right person, is an extraordinary opportunity.
So, what exactly do we do? Here are a few examples:
Using our expert knowledge of Klaviyo’s APIs and data model, we productized several integrations with third-party platforms, helping customers synchronize data more efficiently and effectively.
After hearing requests for additional flexibility with our email templating language, we wrote code to extend it to support more use cases for more customers.
After helping customers build data pipelines that go through cloud data warehouses, we wrote product specs to support this more natively.
We delivered trainings to the Sales team to enable them to better understand technical concepts and autonomously handle advanced technical questions.
If you’re an entrepreneurial engineer that gets excited by imagining new features, prototyping solutions, and incubating new technologies – all within the context of actual customer engagements – this could be for you. What you’ll get in return is the opportunity to be part of an extremely high-performing, strategically-important team that works at the exciting intersection of engineering and sales.
- Become a complete expert in the Klaviyo app, from understanding the data pipelines and code base of our integrations to understanding technical tradeoffs between different implementations.
- Solve problems manually first and then either automate future solutions and/or collaborate with Product and Engineering to proactively improve the Klaviyo product and customer experience over time.
- Be the go-to internal technical resource for the entire go to market team, educating team members as well as prospects in service of providing a consistently positive Klaviyo experience.
- Develop and maintain personal relationships with prospects during the sales process across many different prospects simultaneously.
- Act with urgency and precision to give users best in class pre-sales support in troubleshooting issues as they arise.
- Effectively balance a range of core functions in support of constantly striving to help increase the output and efficiency of the sales team
- 1+ years of engineering experience.
- Applied experience with a web app development framework (e.g. React, Node, Angular, Vue, etc.) and/or with a general-purpose programming language (e.g. Python, Ruby, PHP, etc.).
- Proven ability to learn new programming languages and technical concepts.
- Highly analytical and an excellent communicator with the capability to persuade technical stakeholders.
- Interest in and ability to hustle in a fast-paced environment.
Klaviyo is a team of people who are crazy motivated by growth.
It’s what we help our customers do: grow their businesses by making it possible and easy for them to use their data to power better marketing.
It’s how we behave as individuals: we’re all deeply passionate about learning.
It’s how we manage our business: we have thousands of paying customers, we’re profitable, and we’re growing insanely fast.
And it’s what our culture is all about. Working at Klaviyo means you’ll work on things you never imagined you would; you’ll grow in ways you didn’t consider possible, and you’ll do the best work of your career with people who are just as motivated and talented as you are.
Your curiosity has led you this far, so if this sounds like your ideal place to work, apply now!
No phone calls or agency submissions, please
Visit the company websiteKlaviyo