Quality Assurance Officer (DE) // iwoca
iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we’ve lent over £900 million to over 50,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
We’re looking for a Quality Assurance Officer to support our German business. You’ll be proficient in producing management information and developing and recommending solutions to improve operational effectiveness, quality and timeliness.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Perform quality assurance reviews to ensure compliance with internal policies.
- Produce reports containing quality assurance results and associated metrics
- Develop and maintain a current knowledge of regulations applicable to our German business and any business changes
- Provide insight into quality gaps discovered and ensure these gaps are communicated to appropriate management.
- Analyse information gathered to develop recommendations for improvements to, and changes in, current policies.
- Ad-hoc projects focused on ensuring the The German business has the right systems and controls in place to demonstrate compliance with its regulatory obligations (including the GDPR and AIFMD).
- Monitoring of calls and correspondence against company standard
- Coaching teams to provide the best service
- Training all teams on any process change and ensuring ongoing knowledge of ops teams
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll have
- Native-level German
- An analytical mindset with the ability to understand, assess and improve complex processes
- Decision-making and problem solving skills
- The ability to manage and prioritise your workload
- Incredible attention to detail and the ability to spot missing data from a mile away
- A communicative personality and good team player skills – you’ll be collaborating across multiple different teams
- Capable of working autonomously
- Proactive self-starter approach, eager to be part of a young and dynamic team
- A good understanding of the fintech space in which we operate
- Experience in accounting and an understanding of German legal entities is desirable
- Motivation and desire to take on responsibility, work on projects and aid in improving our processes
What’s life like as an iwocan?
We all enjoy:
- A lovely office in central London, right by Tottenham Court Road
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments and yoga
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity
Just for you:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- Stock options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- Tickets to tech conferences across Europe
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code