QA Engineer // Culture Trip
December 18, 2019
Culture Trip is a global hyper-growth startup operating in travel, media and entertainment. We create stories that reveal what is unique and special about a place, its people and its culture. In-house creative teams work with a global network of more than 300 freelance creators to produce articles, videos, photography, illustration and animation.
From just a dozen people in late 2016, the team has expanded to more than 250. This diverse group of software engineers, product designers, data scientists, editorial experts and content creators are spread across offices in London, New York City and Tel Aviv. Alumni of companies including Google, Facebook, Expedia, Lonely Planet, Spotify, Bloomberg, Viacom, TripAdvisor and the BBC have joined recently. A recent Series B funding injection from PPF Group of $80 million has further propelled rapid growth. Monthly unique visitors to the site have gone from 4 million to nearly 20 million, cross-platform social followers have increased from 1 million to 7 million, and app downloads have leapt from 50,000 to 2 million. Culture Trip videos have been viewed more than 2 billion times. Culture Trip, founded by Dr Kris Naudts, has been named by Forbes as one of the fastest-growing companies to watch.
Everyone working at Culture Trip is driven by a shared vision: to inspire people to go beyond their cultural boundaries and connect with the world around them. We want to bring the world to everyone and in doing so bring everyone closer together.
The primary mission of the QA Engineer will be to support the team in delivering high-quality software in a timely and cost effective manner. You will be responsible for all the quality standards across your cross-functional team and will keep an eye on the tests being written by the engineers. You will be required to be hands-on in writing automated tests, enabling continuous delivery. You will also be responsible for the non-functional aspects of features such as performance, security, etc. You should be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to think outside the box and take initiative. Above all, you should be smart, passionate and dedicated to building a solid engineering culture.
If someone asks where does quality fit into the life of a software story, and you answer; ‘in every step’, then you will love working for Culture Trip.
- All QAs are Question Askers, they ask the ‘big questions’. This requires strong collaboration skills with all team members (technical and non-technical). You must ensure that requirements are met for all aspects of the testing process.
- Maintain the testing suite and ensure we minimise escape bugs from production.
- Write and review automation tests, making sure they are of a high standard and providing fast feedback.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Hands-on and up-to-date automation skills, with an ability to spot what and when to test.
- Knowledge and experience of how to run Automated Testing in a Continuous Delivery environment
- Knowledge of the best SDLC practices in relation to ATDD and BDD.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment with a high turnover of results, and an understanding of the testing required to achieve this.
- Knowledge of working in an Agile environment (Lean, Scrum, Kanban).
Culture Trip is committed to equality of opportunity for all. We strongly believe that diversity of backgrounds, ethnicities, experience, circumstances, abilities and perspectives leads to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users.
Visit the company websiteCulture Trip