Platform DevOps Engineer – London // Confluent
October 9, 2019
Dubbed an “open-source unicorn” by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures to recently invest a combined $125 million in our Series D financing. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
About the Role:
As a Platform DevOps Engineer, you will be designing and implementing a control plane to manage the life cycle of Confluent Platform using tools such as Ansible, Terraform etc. You will be responsible for building an extensible and easy to use control plane to enable deployment, elastic scaling, monitoring, and self-healing of various Confluent Platform components. We are looking for engineers with a strong desire to build a pluggable and extensible control plane with a strong emphasis on user experience.
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put the team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about the challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What We’re Looking For
- Strong software design and development skills
- Experience in Platform/Infra deployment and configuration management frameworks such as Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet etc
- Experience with Go, Java, C++ or Python required
- Experience building and operating extensible, scalable resilient systems
- Familiarity with using Cloud Infrastructure Providers such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Solid understanding of basic systems operations (disk, network, operating systems, etc)
What Gives You An Edge:
- Knowledge of Container Orchestration framework (such as Kubernetes, Docker Swarm or Mesos)
- Knowledge of Apache Kafka
- Experience building APIs
Here’s what we can offer you:
- Unlimited Holiday
- Delicious Food on us (twice a week)
- Excellent office location: Centred near bustling Covent Garden- there is a plethora of places to eat and drink with your team!
- You can bring your dog into the office.
- Private Medical Insurance via a Premier provider which includes Dental (previous medical history disregarded) & discounts on gym membership
- Life Insurance & Income Protection Insurance
Culture is a huge part of Confluent, we’re searching for the best people who not only excel at their role, but also contribute to the health, happiness and growth of the company. Inclusivity and openness are important traits, with regular company wide and team events. Here are some of the personal qualities we’re looking for:
- Smart, humble and empathetic
- Hard working, you get things done
- Hungry to learn in a field which is ever evolving
- Adaptable to the myriad of challenges each day can present
- Inquisitive and not afraid to ask all the questions, no matter how basic
- Ready to roll up your sleeves and help others, getting involved in projects where you feel you can add value
- Strive for excellence in your work, your team and the company
Come and build with us. We are one of the fastest growing software companies in the market. A company built on the tenets of transparency, direct communication and inclusivity. Come meet the streams dream team and have a direct impact on how we shape Confluent.
Visit the company websiteConfluent
Tags:Ansible Apache Kafka AWS Azure C# Chef devops Docker Swarm Go Google Cloud Platform Java Kubernetes Mesos Puppet Python Terraform