IT Infrastructure Engineer // Eventbrite
March 5, 2021
Eventbrite is building the global platform for live experiences, and part of that mission relies on a foundation of top-notch IT infrastructure and tools. As part of the IT Infrastructure team, you will contribute to supporting and building Eventbrite’s global IT infrastructure. In this position you will help maintain the global network and server stack, be on the ground support in our London office, help administer and maintain on-premise and cloud backend IT systems, and help automate and integrate everything imaginable.
The Eventbrite IT team, or BriteTech as we are fondly referred to as internally, is responsible for overseeing all internal technical operations. From network services, security and collaboration services, to espresso machines over IP, BriteTech’s goals are to build and maintain a solid technological foundation to nurture an environment where technology empowers and supports the creativity of our Britelings! There are a number of services, software, and hardware solutions required to make this happen for our employees and partners, and creating and supporting this environment takes a team of motivated individuals. IT at Eventbrite is built around the pillars of simplicity, efficiency, security and scalability. We are a diverse, global, forward thinking team and are looking for that special someone to join us!
As a member of the BriteTech Infrastructure Team, you’ll be a critical cog in keeping our backend IT systems and infrastructure not just up and running, but also thriving and propelling toward a more scalable and efficient future. In this role, you’ll have your hands in a lot of different areas, including but not limited to scaling and securing our global authentication infrastructure (Okta, Google Cloud Identity, LDAP, AD, RADIUS), maintaining the global network infrastructure (with a particular eye on London and our other European offices), administering and improving the management of a large catalog of SaaS services, internal tools and automations, networking, identity management, strengthening our overall security posture, and eating donuts. You’ll also provide on the ground IT support in our London office and serve as an escalation point for our global Helpdesk team to mitigate technical issues and collaborate with onsite business partners, external vendors, and the extended IT team. This role will also have the opportunity to drive multiple projects (sometimes simultaneously) from start to finish, making a profound impact on the productivity and efficiency of our global workforce.
THE TECH STACK
Wireless and Network configuration and troubleshooting (Unifi), AWS/Google Cloud Administration and Configuration, Server Administration and Configuration (Windows Server, Linux), VPN Configuration, Systems Administration and SaaS Operations (Google G Suite, Okta, DocuSign, Salesforce, JIRA/Confluence, etc…), Mac and Windows Platform Management (Jamf Pro, AirWatch), Endpoint Security (Carbon Black), Telephony (VOIP, WebRTC, Contact Center), Monitoring/alerting, Scripting (Python, bash, PowerShell), Security, Active Directory/LDAP, VMWare.
THE SKILL SET
- 2+ years of experience as an IT Systems Administrator/Network Engineer in a rapidly growing company or experience as a professional rodeo clown, whichever is less dangerous and unpredictable
- Experience with system administration both on-premise (bare metal, VMWare) and in the cloud (AWS/Google Cloud/Azure or similar)
- Experience with networking, wireless infrastructure, and troubleshooting IT infrastructure issues
- Experience with authentication and authorization in a globally distributed environment
- Experience deploying, configuring, securing, and supporting Mac and Windows endpoints using a Mobile Device Management system (Jamf, Airwatch, or similar)
- Experience (and a passion for) scripting and programming (using Python, bash, PowerShell, or similar)
- Experience deploying, configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting macOS and Windows desktop systems
- Experience managing hundreds of users in a complex, interconnected SaaS environment
- Experience driving complex IT projects involving multiple stakeholders from start to finish
- Excellent understanding and experience administering and integrating SSO and identity management platforms (Okta, Active Directory, LDAP) and user lifecycle automation
- Experience with vendor management and vetting products and services
- A track record for documenting all things and communicating clearly and effectively
- Fantastic ability to flourish as a part of a team while exhibiting flexibility and a passion for snacks
- Experience with AWS or GCP
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner or Solutions Architect
- Experience interacting with REST APIs and/or webhooks
- Experience with code management (e.g. GitHub)
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks.
In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, on-site services, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And if you like sports, we have our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
Ongoing training and career development is an important part of our culture
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, language exchange programs, internal training, wildtalks, workshops and weekly sessions with our CEO
Work-life balance is extremely important to us
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of nearly one million event creators in over 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 300 million tickets distributed to more than 4 million experiences in 2019, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love.
Visit the company websiteEventbrite