Frontend Software Engineer // Culture Trip
September 9, 2019
As a Frontend Software Engineer you will work as part of a cross functional team of designers, product managers and other engineers. We are building teams to deliver everything from tools to help us deliver creativity at scale to main site features to allow our users to learn about the world and plan their next trip.
Our Frontend is built and delivered as a React/Redux site against a Node.js BFF. We like people who are already working with these technologies but we are willing to retrain good engineers on our tech stack. We prefer creative engineers who are keen to learn over specific skills.
Much of the work we are doing in London is greenfield development and there are key technical decisions to be made. You will be expected to take an active part in making many of these decisions, championing your technology choices and promoting them to the rest of the team. Similarly, as Culture Trip is growing rapidly, we require new tools and working practices.
You should be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, you should be creative, passionate and dedicated to building a solid product supported by a great engineering culture.
- Work closely with Product Management, UX & Design and other engineers to build a new tool enabling creativity at scale.
- Design and development of a front-end service to support the editorial teams
- Ensuring our code is of the highest quality by practicing and evangelising engineering best practices (code reviews, pairing, etc)
- Help define and build our engineering process, culture and team structure.
Desired Skills & Experiences:
- Willingness to learn
- Knowledge of one or more OO or functional languages
- Experience of working in a microservices architecture
- Working knowledge of AWS and/or GCP
- Knowledge of working in an Agile environment (Lean, Scrum, Kanban)
Culture Trip is committed to equality of opportunity for all. We strongly believe that diversity of backgrounds, ethnicities, experience, circumstances, abilities and perspectives leads to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users.
Visit the company websiteCulture Trip