Front-End Engineer // Onfido
You will join a group of smart, friendly and ambitious engineers who take pride in the software we ship and hold ourselves to high standards in an industry where privacy, security and reliability are essential.
We’re creating a more open world, where identity is the key to access.
Onfido is the new identity standard for the internet. Our AI-based technology assesses whether a user’s government-issued ID is genuine or fraudulent, and then compares it against their facial biometrics. That’s how we give companies like Revolut, Barclays, Babylon Health and BlaBlaCar the assurance they need to onboard customers remotely and securely.
The design system will be the starting point for our website, our docs, our dashboards and even our mobile applications.
- Work closely with product designers, product managers and other engineers to build a library of reusable React components that can be used across all of our products.
- Prototype and iterate until the solutions are impactful and well polished.
- Tweak and evolve our processes. You can always help the team release faster and with more confidence.
- Guide other engineers in managing debt, planning refactors and improving our tooling.
We use a lot of exciting technology. Our engineers are flexible about technology and pick the right tool for the job:
- React and Redux for front-end applications
- React Native, Kotlin, and Swift for mobile apps
- Python, Ruby and Elixir for back-end services
- Tensorflow for Machine Learning / Computer Vision
- Kubernetes and Docker to package and run services on AWS
- GitLab for CI/CD and source control
- Professional experience in React
- Experience collaborating on software using Git and code reviews
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience testing front-end applications (e.g. using Jest or Cypress)
We would be especially interested if you have:
- Experience working with design systems
- Working knowledge of at least one other language (especially Ruby, Python, Elixir)
- Familiarity with Agile
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values:
- Succeed Together – Share skills, ideas and honest feedback. Be excellent to each other
- Take Pride – Deliver world-class quality and be an ambassador
- Learn Things, Share Them – Seek out knowledge. Then, take what you learn and teach it to others
- Find a Better Way – Fix what’s broken and make what works even better
- Create Customer Buzz – Craft an experience that customers rave about
We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
- Meaningful equity in our business
- A monthly wellness subsidy – to be spent on sport, counselling or any activity that improves mental health
- Training budget to go to conferences or take courses
- Quarterly team socials
Live Date: 23rd September, 2019
Close date: 23rd October, 2019
The interview process will involve:
- An initial phone call with recruiter and engineer
- A simple take-home coding task so we can see how you approach a problem. We ask you to spend 2-4 hours on the task.
- An on-site interview where you will meet the team and talk through your coding task with our engineers
This process should take around two to three weeks.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Onfido. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.