Engineering Lead (Frontend) // Zoopla
Zoopla is looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Frontend Engineering Lead to head up our frontend team and help in building some of the UK`s most popular brands. Our award winning websites attract over 50 million visits per month, and our engineering teams are at the forefront of it.
It`s an exciting time on the frontend as we`re redeveloping our whole site to a unified responsive design served by a Node.js / Express / Handlebars architecture. Our platform is built on AWS, and we`re working towards a process of Continuous Delivery / Deployment.
This is a dual leadership and hands on engineering role where you will be both leading a team of frontend engineers across our various product teams and contributing as part of a cross-functional agile team.
- Line manage a team of frontend engineers to ensure engagement, retention and career development
- Identify training needs in individuals and across the team
- Hire and mentor new engineers, maintaining a culture of innovation, teamwork and self-improvement
- Work with product owners to help ensure engineers are engaged, delivering at pace and building high quality systems.
- Collaborate with your peers on technical strategy across product teams.
- Work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team to deliver new features for the Zoopla websites.
- Work with UX and visual designers to take creative concepts from early stages through to live pages, building engaging websites and user interfaces
- Ensure high performance web experiences across mobile and desktop devices
- Apply best practices for accessibility and SEO
- Work well in a team context adapting to and influencing team practices