DevOps Engineer // iwoca
Join one of Europe’s leading Fintech startups
At iwoca we believe finance should make life easier, not harder, for small businesses. When small businesses go to traditional lenders they are forced to deal with long waits, absurdly rigid criteria, and impersonal bureaucracies. We believe small businesses deserve a financing service that strips out the hassle; that gets to know each customer’s needs; that generates opportunities instead of problems. iwoca is finance, custom-built to expand possibilities for small business.
Your mission will be:
As our DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for improving our continuous development and intergration pipelines. We use various tools and services including Gitlab CI, ELK & DataDog, managing our cloud environment on AWS and running our web servers using Docker and ECS.
You will also be expected to work closely with the tech leads to help continuously push innovation in all areas of the business. We work in an agile manner which means features or projects go live in days or weeks rather than months or years so you will need to be comfortable with environments that embrace concepts like continuous integration and continuous delivery.
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll have:
- Production experience of building automated testing and deployment solutions.
- Production experience managing cloud based infrastructure. Preferably on AWS.
- Experience working with Docker is preferable.
- Knowledge of monitoring tools and experience in implementing monitoring solutions.
- Identifying and addressing performance issues with web applications.
You will always have a say in the business and have the opportunity to really make a difference. Joining our team means you will be working on some cool projects and get the opportunity to really make a difference to people’s lives. We also help all our employees become top performers and reward everyone in numerous different ways. Everyone at iwoca is smart, humble and motivated to do a good job so you are bound to love working here.
What’s life like as an iwocan?
We all enjoy:
- A lovely office in central London, right by Tottenham Court Road
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments and yoga
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity
Just for you:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- Stock options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme
- 25 days holiday and an extra day off on your birthday
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- Tickets to tech conferences across Europe
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.