Data Scientist – London // Dataiku
January 10, 2020
Dataiku’s mission is big: to enable all people throughout companies around the world to use data by removing friction surrounding data access, cleaning, modeling, deployment, and more. But it’s not just about technology and processes; at Dataiku, we also believe that people (including our people!) are a critical piece of the equation.
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join Dataiku in our office in London.
Dataiku’s promise to our customers is to provide them with the software and support needed to accelerate their Data Science and Machine Learning maturity. Dataiku’s Data Science team is responsible for delivering on that promise. Internally, we call the team the DataFab, ask us about it!
As a Data Scientist at Dataiku, you will have the opportunity to participate in our customer’s journey, from supporting their discovery of the platform, it’s installation and configuration, to training users and co-developing data science applications, from design to deployment.
You will get hands-on experience coding in multiple languages and applying the latest big data technologies to business uses cases.
Our ideal candidate is comfortable learning new languages, technologies, and modeling techniques while being able to explain their work to other data scientists and clients.
- Co-develop data science projects with our customers
- Crunch, analyze and investigate various kinds of data, across industries and use cases
- Explore new machine learning algorithms, and apply them to real-world business applications
- Deploy Machine Learning models to production, and develop its integration or front-end (e.g. a predictive webapp)
- Help users discover the Dataiku platform and to master its use by providing trainings to users with a wide range of backgrounds and skill levels (data science, IT, analysts, managers, etc…)
- Communicate results to non-technical colleagues and clients
- Provide data science expertise to customers and internally to Dataiku’s sales, marketing, and R&D teams
- Curiosity and a desire to learn new topics and skills
- Empathy for others and an eagerness to share your knowledge and expertise with your colleagues, Dataiku’s customers, and the general public
- 2+ years of experience with R or Python
- 2+ years of experience with predictive modeling
- Understanding of relational data structures and SQL
Bonus points for any of these
- Experience with PySpark, SparkR or Scala
- Experience developing WebApps
- Experience building APIs
- Experience with cloud infrastructures, especially Kubernetes
- Passion for teaching or public speaking
- Exposure to a wide range of enterprise customers across industries. Examples of Dataiku’s hundreds of customers include GE, Unilever, Comcast, Ubisoft, OVH, Santander, and Capgemini.
- A wide diversity of projects and tasks ensures that no two days will be alike
- Opportunity to contribute to the core vision of our company and product: simplify and democratize the way people work with data and use Artificial Intelligence
- Exposure to the latest, open-source technologies that Dataiku integrates. See our release notes for our latest developments: https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/release_notes/index.html
- Trips to Paris (our European HQ) and other locations worldwide for company-wide and team summits
- Opportunity to work with a smart, passionate and driven team in hypergrowth mode
- Dataiku has a strong culture based on key values: Transparency, Ambition, Excellence, Humility, and Empathy
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast (having just closed a $101 million Series C round in December 2018 and looking to double in 2019), but still maintains a startup spirit. Dataiku serves its global customer base from its headquarters in New York City as well as offices in Paris, London, Munich, Singapore, and Sydney. Each of our offices has a unique culture, but underpinning local nuances, we always value curiosity, collaboration, and can-do attitudes.
Visit the company websiteDataiku