Cloud Architect for Enterprise AI – London // Dataiku
March 23, 2020
Dataiku’s mission is big: to enable all people throughout companies around the world to use data by removing friction surrounding data access, cleaning, modeling, deployment, and more. But it’s not just about technology and processes; at Dataiku, we also believe that people (including our people!) are a critical piece of the equation.
Dataiku is looking for an experienced Cloud Architect to join its Field Engineering Team to support the deployment of its Enterprise AI Platform (Dataiku DSS) to an ever growing customer base.
As a Cloud Architect, you’ll work with customers at every stage of their relationship with Dataiku – from the initial evaluations to enterprise-wide deployments. In this role, you will help customers to design, build and run their Data Science and AI Enterprise Platforms.
This role requires adaptability, inventiveness, and strong communication skills. Sometimes you will work with clients on traditional big data technologies such as SQL data warehouses and on-premise Hadoop data lakes, while at other times you will be helping them to discover and implement the most cutting edge tools; Spark on Kubernetes, cloud-based elastic compute engines, and GPUs. If you are interested in staying at the bleeding edge of big data and AI while maintaining a strong working knowledge of existing enterprise systems, this will be a great fit for you.
The position is based in London and can be considered in Amsterdam.
- Evangelize the challenges of building Enterprise Data Science Platforms to technical and non-technical audiences
- Understand customer requirements in terms of scalability, availability and security and provide architecture recommendations
- Deploy Dataiku DSS in a large variety of technical environments (on prem/cloud, hadoop, kubernetes, spark, …)
- Design and build reference architectures, howtos, scripts and various helpers to make the deployment and maintenance of Dataiku DSS smooth and easy
- Automate operation, installation, and monitoring of the data science ecosystem components in our infrastructure stack
- Provide advanced support for strategic customers on deployment and scalability issues
- Coordinate with Revenue and Customer teams to deliver a consistent experience to our customers
- Train our clients and partners in the art and science of administering a bleeding-edge Elastic AI platform
- Strong Linux system administration experience
- Grit when faced with technical issues. You don’t rest until you understand why it does not work.
- Comfort and confidence in client-facing interactions
- Ability to work both pre and post sale
- Experience with cloud based services like AWS, Azure and GCP
- Hands-on experience with the Hadoop and/or Spark ecosystem for setup, administration, troubleshooting and tuning
- Hands-on experience with the Kubernetes ecosystem for setup, administration, troubleshooting and tuning
- Some experience with Python
- Familiarity with Ansible or other application deployment tools
Bonus point for any of these
- Experience with authentication and authorization systems like LDAP, Kerberos, AD, and IAM
- Experience debugging networking issues such as DNS resolutions, proxy settings, and security groups
- Some knowledge in data science and/or machine learning
- Some knowledge of Java
- Work on the newest, best, big data technologies for a unicorn startup
- Consult on AI infrastructure for some of the largest companies in the world
- Opportunity for international exchange to another Dataiku office
- Attend and present at big data conferences
- Startup atmosphere: Free foods and drinks, international atmosphere, general good times and friendly people
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast! In 2019, we achieved unicorn status, went from 200 to 400 people and opened new offices across the globe. We now serve our global customer base from our headquarters in New York City as well as offices in Paris, London, Munich, Amsterdam, Denver, Los Angeles, Singapore, Sydney and Dubaï. Each of them has a unique culture, but underpinning local nuances, we always value curiosity, collaboration, and can-do attitudes!
Visit the company websiteDataiku