Backend Engineer (Senior) // MarketInvoice
Online business lending with the X-factor” – The Times
One of “The 9 hottest UK FinTech startups most likely to be worth $1 billion” – Business Insider
Our engineers are helping lead the way forward for MarketInvoice by building its core products and services.
We’re a diverse team of highly motivated and talented people who are focussed on delivering the best value for everyone involved. We don’t just write high quality software to make our technology successful but provide overall technical leadership to make the business successful as well as focus on creating a collaborative learning environment where we make our people successful.
Within the engineering team, we place a high value on creative intelligence and passion in our day to day work. Creative intelligence is a combination of creativity with smart analytical skills in generalising and synthesising knowledge to solve new challenges. Passion is the holistic commitment to technical craftsmanship, continuous learning, collaborative teamwork, and great attention to detail.
We believe that finance has moved on with technology – and we’re here to make it work better for businesses. We want to help entrepreneurs spend more time on ideas and less time worrying about their cash flow.
So what makes us different? With our smart online platform, we’re making it quick and easy for UK companies to access business finance. But it’s not just about the tech. Our people are our greatest asset and one of the best things about working at MarketInvoice.
We’re a team of bright and talented people from all over the world, who work together to get things done. Positivity is key to our culture, which means we support each other and have a lot of fun along the way.
Our values matter and as part of the team, they’ll be yours too.
#MakeItHappen | #1Team1Dream | #AlwaysBeLearning
You’ll be someone who enjoys working on challenges, solving problems and continuously learning; a great communicator; is focussed on delivering high quality output in a timely manner; working collaboratively with various stakeholders within and outside the company; who leads by example; and is comfortable in a fast-paced environment with lots of moving pieces.
Other good to haves:
- Expertise in C#, Java, C++, Python or similar language(s). We place a higher emphasis on core engineering/CompSci fundamentals and good architecture design than any particular language.
- Experience with online data stores; offline data stores is a plus.
- Focus on building robust and scalable systems with TDD, continuous integration and automated testing.
Not only will you have the opportunity to make a huge impact at one of the UK’s hottest FinTech companies, you will also have access to:
- Best in class share options scheme.
- Enhanced Maternity Leave.
- Amazon Kindle and unlimited book allowance.
- Private health coverage and half price Virgin Active gym membership.
- 25 days of annual leave per year, plus your Birthday off!
- A great office (complete with roof terrace, awesome facilities and a community feel) in the heart of vibrant Shoreditch.
Closing date for applications is 24th May 2019. salary range for this role is £70,000- £85,000 dependant on experience.