Android Software Engineer // Culture Trip
September 9, 2019
As an Android Engineer, you will have technical ownership of the Culture Trip Android native app. Our current app is a reflection of website content, but there are big plans to make the app more of a toolkit for the travel use case, such as planning and booking services. You will be working in a cross-functional team focused on completing our booking journey in our apps
Experience working in the media industry is a bonus. You should be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, you should be creative, passionate and dedicated to building a solid product supported by a great engineering culture.
- Develop features in Kotlin and Java
- Take a leadership position in an Android guild.
- Thought leadership for mobile development across Culture Trip.
- Innovate and create a cutting-edge mobile experience.
- Integrate with the back-end systems and APIs.
- Work closely with product managers,graphic designers and QA team.
- Working with Android engineers in other teams to ensure the app’s architecture and design is sound.
- Working and mentor the native mobile engineers.
- Knowledge of working in an Agile environment (Lean, Scrum, Kanban)
Desired Skills & Experiences:
- Willingness to learn
- Experience of building and publishing Android application(s) to the Play Store
- Solid understanding of the Android framework and its life cycles
- Understanding of core Android concepts such as layouts, views, fragments, and activities
- Proficiency in Android Studio and Gradle
- Experience with Android networking libraries
- Experience building custom themes, styles and views
- Understanding of Android Unit Testing and Debugging tools
- Experience with REST APIs and JSON
- Experience with Git or other distributed version control systems
- Experience with RxJava and/or Dagger a plus
Culture Trip is committed to equality of opportunity for all. We strongly believe that diversity of backgrounds, ethnicities, experience, circumstances, abilities and perspectives leads to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users.
Visit the company websiteCulture Trip