Wireless / IoT Sales Account Executive // Twilio
Twilio is looking for a Wireless Account Executive to sell into high value prospects and customers. The candidate will be responsible for sourcing new opportunities. Responsibilities will span from driving the sales process from internal leads to qualifying new prospects and managing deals to closure.
Twilio is looking for a Wireless Account Executive for our growing Global Sales Team. The right person for this role is a go-getter, within the IoT / Wireless space that comes with a strong book of business. You’ll be working with enterprise customers and some of the world’s hottest startups to the largest enterprise companies. As a Wireless Sales Specialist, you will selling connectivity to C-Level, software engineers, device manufacturers, and product managers. You enjoy talking to not only engineers and product managers but also build new relationships with senior business owners and decision makers (CIOs, CTOs, VPs of Product / Chief Product Officers, Business Unit owners) about building their business on Twilio and managing the overall commercial relationship with these customers (including white space identification, contract negotiations, etc).
A great day for you would include talking with potential customers, where you spend time learning about their needs, and then through consultation, develop a strategic plan to help their service thrive through the use of Twilio’s IoT connectivity & communication platform. At the same time, you develop a new use case for a long-time customer that will bring their product to a new level, and create new building blocks for future customers. You understand the IoT connectivity/wireless business model, enjoy selling to a technical audience and can build trust externally with partners, but also internally with the solution engineering, product management, and customer success resources that support your territory.
- Achieve quarterly revenue and new reporting partner targets
- Position and match IoT Connectivity & Platform value to organizations looking to take the journey from non-connected to connected products.
- Develop and execute an outbound plan to drive sales in the North America region
- Lead qualification for all leads and sales opportunities
- Align with internal Solution Engineering, Use Case Sales, Product Management, and Customer Success resources to support the territory
Account planning and execution skills:
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to negotiate with C Level executives, Product Development and IT
- Strong technical aptitude and an ability to thrive in IoT connectivity sales
- A solution-oriented approach to selling, ensuring your customers receive value from the products they buy from you
- Understanding of the IoT connectivity business model, enjoy selling to a technical audience and building mutual trust
- 5 years of solution sales experience specific to IoT
- Proven track record of achieving quota in technology sales
- Disciplined and demonstrates excellent time management skills
- World-class interpersonal and communication skills – you have the ability to effortlessly make complex contractual, technical, and financial details sounds simple
- Proven consultative sales solution skills, including the ability to articulate a clear, concise return on investment value statement
- Ethical, hands-on, passionate, persistent, creative, easy to deal with, highly productive – you are a doer first
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Passion and commitment to driving results
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative, and team-oriented environment
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. The Global Sales team plays an integral role in building out our customer base and bringing Twilio to developers, non-profits and enterprise to make an impact on their services. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience.
We only win when our employees succeed and we’re dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position is based out of our beautiful office in Soho Square, London W1D 3QB. You will enjoy our incredible perks: game area, snacks, ergonomic sit-stand desks, and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.