Technical Account Manager // iwoca
iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we’ve lent over £800 million to over 30,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
As a Technical Account Manager, you will be responsible for the technical success of our partnerships, and will guide them through the entire lifecycle: early discussions, on-boarding, post go-live and account growth. You will be working closely with external partners and internal teams (such as product, engineering, channel sales and compliance) to not only ensure that the integration is done in a seamless manner, but to also ensure that partnerships take advantage of iwoca’s product and tech offerings.
This role will sit in our product function and will report into Senior Product Manager for Partnerships and Introducers. Your mission will be to:
- Lead partner relationships from product and tech perspective.
- Provide guidance on best ways partner integrations can take advantage of iwoca’s product and tech offerings.
- Effectively manage multiple partner implementations and relationships at the same time.
- Identify opportunities where operational and technical improvements can be made to add more value to our partnerships and on-board more partners seamlessly.
- Support partners on a day to day basis to address their product/tech related queries and issues.
- Provide first level of technical support for all partner integrations.
- Work with internal product and engineering teams to address any problems that require tech infrastructure improvements or product releases.
- Improve upon existing Partner API Documentation and own the creation of other documentation and support materials for new projects
- Help build our newly setup Partner Success team and on-board other Technical Account Managers / Executives.
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll have:
- Proven experience as a Technical Account Manager, Solutions Engineer / Architect, or other customer / partner facing technical role
- Excellent communication skills (Speaking and writing)
- Comfortable in pushing back when required, and getting buy-in from stakeholders
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills
- Confident in discussing web development concepts (such as REST API standards)
You will always have a say in the business and have the opportunity to really make a difference. Joining our team means you will be working on some cool projects and get the opportunity to really make a difference to people’s lives. We also help all our employees become top performers and reward everyone in numerous different ways. Everyone at iwoca is smart, humble and motivated to do a good job so you are bound to love working here.
What’s life like as an iwocan?
We all enjoy:
- A lovely office in central London, right by Tottenham Court Road
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments and yoga
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity
Just for you:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- Stock options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- Tickets to tech conferences across Europe
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.