Sales Director (UK) // Culture Trip
October 3, 2019
Culture Trip is a global hyper-growth startup operating in travel, media and entertainment. We create stories that reveal what is unique and special about a place, its people and its culture. In-house creative teams work with a global network of more than 300 freelance creators to produce articles, videos, photography, illustration and animation.
From just a dozen people in late 2016, the team has expanded to more than 250. This diverse group of software engineers, product designers, data scientists, editorial experts and content creators are spread across offices in London, New York City and Tel Aviv. Alumni of companies including Google, Facebook, Expedia, Lonely Planet, Spotify, Bloomberg, Viacom, TripAdvisor and the BBC have joined recently. A recent Series B funding injection from PPF Group of $80 million has further propelled rapid growth. Monthly unique visitors to the site have gone from 4 million to nearly 20 million, cross-platform social followers have increased from 1 million to 7 million, and app downloads have leapt from 50,000 to 2 million. Culture Trip videos have been viewed more than 2 billion times. Culture Trip, founded by Dr Kris Naudts, has been named by Forbes as one of the fastest-growing companies to watch.
Everyone working at Culture Trip is driven by a shared vision: to inspire people to go beyond their cultural boundaries and connect with the world around them. We want to bring the world to everyone and in doing so bring everyone closer together.
We are looking for a creative, dynamic and experienced Sales Director with proven leadership and management experience and great senior client and agency contacts in your region. The position will report to the VP Sales and involve all aspects of Leadership including contributing to and managing the UK team to meet quarterly revenue targets, building a sales strategy and managing your business patch.
Proven digital, content and branded sales experience is a big advantage as is a thorough understanding of social distribution. Equally important is enthusiasm, a positive attitude and the capability to adapt to a frequently evolving start-up environment. This is a great opportunity to take on big clients and grow a prosperous patch in a rapidly growing start up.
- Manage and lead the UK / US Sales Team to business success and be responsible for achieving the fiscal UK / US ad sales revenue target.
- Work with VP to conceive & own strategic direction of UK / US ad sales
- Become an expert in pitching Culture Trip to prospects in your allocated geographical patch, navigating business objections and getting to decision makers for long term revenue partnerships
- Nurture opportunities and cultivate meaningful relationships with clients to gain deep insight into their business and marketing objectives
- Negotiate and structure long-term agreements with clients
- Provide regular accurate forecasting and revenue reporting
- Understand and use data and insights to build a sales story that is compelling for agencies and clients and salable opportunities for market
- Deliver significant revenue growth in line with the expansion of the business
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Significant experience of working in digital & social advertising to a high-level, demonstrating strong negotiation and trading skills and a clear understanding of the business·
- Proven ability and experience of leading, running and motivating a team, setting policy and achieving targets
- Existing relationships with senior media agency personnel and client direct (travel clients a bonus) including trading and partnership directors and a strong understanding of their business models and the different opportunities that exist to drive ad revenues
- Track record of performance against targets and an understanding of finance & P&Ls
- A motivator, people developer, and diplomat
- Self starter, intuitive, strategic thinker, persistent, and highly motivated
- Passion for branded content
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team
- Intelligent, articulate and numerate
Culture Trip is committed to equality of opportunity for all. We strongly believe that diversity of backgrounds, ethnicities, experience, circumstances, abilities and perspectives leads to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users.
Visit the company websiteCulture Trip