Partnerships – Europe // Plaid
November 13, 2019
At Plaid, our mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system. Hundreds of customers ranging from fintech companies like Venmo to Fortune 500 enterprises like American Express choose Plaid to help them create the next generation of digital financial services. Founded in 2012, Plaid has raised over $300M of capital from major venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins and New Enterprise Associates, as well global financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs. But we’re just getting started.
The Partnerships team focuses on driving direct and indirect revenue through partners. This may be through platform partners where Plaid is a core component of a partner’s service offering, implementation partners, affiliate/referral partners, and anything in between. By allowing Plaid to penetrate new customer segments and partner ecosystems, Partnerships plays a critical role enabling otherwise hard-to-reach consumers and businesses to benefit from Plaid. Partnerships will be responsible for meeting a substantial portion of Plaid’s growth and revenue targets, and the successful candidate will have a track record of driving strong outcomes across EMEA.
What excites you
- You enjoy negotiating complex deals with diverse objectives beyond headline revenue
- You have a high degree of empathy for partners, and gravitate toward long-term rather than transactional business relationships
- You have the creativity, business instincts, and hustle to adapt to quickly evolving partner needs
- Joining one of the newest and fastest-growing teams at Plaid — and all that comes with being on a team that is a “startup within a startup”!
What excites us
- 5+ years of experience in commercial partnerships, business development, or channel sales roles
- An ownership mentality — you’ll “run through walls” to ensure our successful execution of our partnership strategy
- Ability to transition seamlessly between “macro” (i.e., prioritizing partners within an entire industry vertical) and “micro” (resolving a pain point for a specific partner)
- A team player who goes beyond meeting quota to proactively help with internal initiatives that make the whole team stronger
- Excellent relationship skills
- Financial services and/or high-growth startup experience a strong plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Visit the company websitePlaid